2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 28, 2007 8:28 PM by Newsgroup_User

How Do I Do This or Can I ??.....

TonyEB
      Hi,

With a cell inside a table I want to set the color of the bottom of a cell to a different color than the other three sides of the cell. I can do this if the border thickness is "1" or larger but I cannot if the border property is set to "0". The problem is in order not to see a border when the page is displayed in a browser I have to set the border thickness to "0" and then, of course, I loose the bottom "unique" border color. So is there a way to either "hide" the table borders if they are greater than "1" or is there a way to have the bottom cell border color show up if the border thickness is set at "0"??

Sorry for the somewhat confusing description above. Hope it is understandable.

Thank you for any help.

Tony
        • 1. Re: How Do I Do This or Can I ??.....
          Level 7
          Use CSS to color all 4 sides independently.

<table>
          <tr>
          <td class="funkycell">cell 1</td>
          <td>cell 2</td>
          </tr>

Then in your CSS:

.funkycell {
          border-bottom: 10px solid #F00;
          }
          --
          Alec
          Adobe Community Expert
          • 2. Re: How Do I Do This or Can I ??.....
            Level 7
            .oO(TonyEB)

> With a cell inside a table I want to set the color of the bottom of a cell to
            >a different color than the other three sides of the cell. I can do this if the
            >border thickness is "1" or larger but I cannot if the border property is set to
            >"0". The problem is in order not to see a border when the page is displayed in
            >a browser I have to set the border thickness to "0" and then, of course, I
            >loose the bottom "unique" border color. So is there a way to either "hide" the
            >table borders if they are greater than "1" or is there a way to have the bottom
            >cell border color show up if the border thickness is set at "0"??

With CSS you can style all borders independently however you like. Give
            that cell a class and use that in your CSS:

HTML:

<table>
            <tr>
            <td class="foo">...</td>
            </tr>
            </table>

CSS:

.foo {
            border-bottom: 1px solid #000
            }

Micha