14 Replies Latest reply on Jun 5, 2010 3:06 PM by Lo9iKK

CS5 Export Video Shaky ?

xlol7

Hey guys,

Recently with the forums help I was able to learn how to render. Now whenever I export my video majority of the presets give my final video being shaky/wobbly all the way through out. Doesn't seem normal! Anyone experience this?

Furthermore the presets that don't give me a shaky video when uploaded to youtube gives a grey screen - video corruption style.

Thanks

• 1. Re: CS5 Export Video Shaky ?
          the_wine_snob Level 9

Can you help us a bit? The more info that you can furnish, the better. This ARTICLE will give you some tips on the types of info, and how to gather some of it.

Good luck, and let us know more about your Project, the source footage, and your Export settings. Thanks.

Hunt

• 2. Re: CS5 Export Video Shaky ?
            xlol7 Level 1

Here's a video of me with the project: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7SIRIOpqxI

Here's the uploaded Sequence video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBsWIDMG5BE

You have to watch the first youtube link to understand where the second ones coming from. Note: These videos aren't edited in premiere as I have trouble with exporting so they are directly uploaded from this free screen video capture software.

Basically, the project goes:

New Sequence -

Sequence 01

720 x 480

00;01;52;22, 29.97 fps

32000 Hz - Stereo

Drag and dropped "Easter.mp4"
            Video length 00:01:152,  1280x320, 29fps, audio 158kbps, 2 channels (stereo) at 44kHz sample rate. This video has been in my video collections for a year so I'm not sure what it was encoded with.
            Render the video, and export the video by H.264 using YOUTUBE WIDESCREEN HD preset as shown from the first youtube link. This resulted in a wobbly video. So far the only video export that I've tried that doesn't shake is the H.264 NTSC DV WIDESCREEN HIGHER QUALITY preset. However when uploaded to youtube, it appears corrupted with grey colours shown in the 2nd youtube link.
            Running:
            Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
            4gb G.skillz DDR3 RAM
            ATI 5850 GPU
            Intel i5 processor @ 2.4gb
            Thanks
            • 3. Re: CS5 Export Video Shaky ?
              the_wine_snob Level 9

First question: why 32KHz Audio? For a DV Project, 48KHz 16-bit is the standard.

Hunt

• 4. Re: CS5 Export Video Shaky ?
                xlol7 Level 1

Ah, well I'm not very savy with premiere. I'm trying to learn this on my free time. I'm actually 16 years old so I didn't know about that.

In cs4 I've been running it all through 32 kHz and although it's not optimum the video still ran through.

*edit: I've got to run off to school be back in 4 hours or so.

• 5. Re: CS5 Export Video Shaky ?
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Enjoy class. It is getting late here, in the Arizona Desert (USA), so will also be retiring.

In a learning situation, this Web site, the PrPro-Wiki, might prove useful. While it has not been actively updated for CS5 yet, it covers so very much territory, on how things are done in PrPro. I would bookmark it, and refer to it for about any questions.

With the full details, we should be able to help you through this.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 6. Re: CS5 Export Video Shaky ?
                    xlol7 Level 1

Arizona Desert nice. Say hello to Australia!

Yeah, I've read through that wiki but it doesn't come across the issues that I have.. Seems like my case is really out of the blue.

Will read more tho. Any help definitely appreciated! Don't want to go back to slower exporting speed in cs4..

Thanks!

• 7. Re: CS5 Export Video Shaky ?
                      Jeff Bellune Adobe Community Professional

Make your sequence settings match your source footage.  If you can't find a sequence preset that matches, then use the Desktop editing mode which is found under the General tab of the New Sequence dialog.

When you say you can't find your problem in the Wiki, it's because you're trying to skip to the final exam without doing hardly any of the course classwork or homework.

-Jeff

• 8. Re: CS5 Export Video Shaky ?
                        xlol7 Level 1

Hello Jeff!

I have really been looking through the wiki very hard. But what I've tried has not worked so far. Furthermore there's a lot in the wiki to cover and my limited knowledge of premiere doesn't help make it any easier!

I've tried with DESKTOP mode. Still shaky :S I'll fiddle around more.

Thanks for the suggestion!

• 9. Re: CS5 Export Video Shaky ?
                          Jeff Bellune Adobe Community Professional

I've tried with DESKTOP mode. Still shaky

Tried when?  Parsing your statement, I'm not sure if it means you tried it after I suggested it, or if you tried it earlier on your own.  This was a red flag to me:

Sequence 01

720 x 480

While your source footage is different:

1280x320

You should also investigate whether your source video is interlaced or not, and whether the field order in your sequence settings and export settings match your source footage.  Mismatched frame rates could be another issue: 29.97 fps is very different from 29 fps.

-Jeff

• 10. Re: CS5 Export Video Shaky ?
                            xlol7 Level 1

Tried when?  Parsing your statement, I'm not sure if it means you tried it after I suggested it

Yeah right after you suggested it.

While your source footage is different:

I just quickly schemed through the sequences avail - can we customize one to suit the video?

You should also investigate whether your source video is interlaced or not, and whether the field order in your sequence settings and export settings match your source footage

Will do.

• 11. Re: CS5 Export Video Shaky ?
                              John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Instead of bouncing all over and answering one question at a time... some reading, and then a list of questions

A link with many ideas about computer setup http://forums.adobe.com/thread/436215?tstart=0

Work through all of the steps (ideas) listed at http://ppro.wikia.com/wiki/Troubleshooting

If your problem isn't fixed after you follow all of the steps, report back with ALL OF THE DETAILS asked for in the FINALLY section, the questions at the end of the troubleshooting link... most especially the codec used... see Question 1

Again... report back with ALL OF THE DETAILS asked for in the FINALLY section

• 12. Re: CS5 Export Video Shaky ?
                                Lo9iKK

Did this fix your issue? I am having the same problem.

• 13. Re: CS5 Export Video Shaky ?
                                  the_wine_snob Level 9

Can you post much more info on your system, your source material, your Project/Sequence Preset, and probably a run-down of your system.

This ARTICLE will give you tips on what info would be so very useful to us in diagnosing your problem.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 14. Re: CS5 Export Video Shaky ?
                                    Lo9iKK Level 1

I figured out my issue under this thread: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/653337   I was not using the correct frame rate in my sequence.