3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 30, 2007 7:33 AM by clbeech

setting multiple linkages

Level 7
      I have about 200 images I need to import into the library. Is there any way
      to automate the linkage identifier or do i have to do them all manually?

Thanks

• 1. Re: setting multiple linkages
          clbeech Level 3
          if you import them to the Library, and want to call them with AS you would need to convert them to MC and yes you would have to enter the identifiers manually.

However, there are several alternatives. I would suggest, using a MoveClipLoader class method to load the images to a container MC. This way you could keep the images anywhere and pull them in when needed.

What are you going to be doing with them?
          • 2. Re: setting multiple linkages
            Level 7
            Thanks for the reply, so you mean hold all images externally and load them
            as needed?

Makes sense

"clbeech" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
            news:fb4dfh$geu$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            > if you import them to the Library, and want to call them with AS you would
            > need
            > to convert them to MC and yes you would have to enter the identifiers
            > manually.
            >
            > However, there are several alternatives. I would suggest, using a
            > MoveClipLoader class method to load the images to a container MC. This
            > way you
            > could keep the images anywhere and pull them in when needed.
            >
            > What are you going to be doing with them?
            >

• 3. Re: setting multiple linkages
              clbeech Level 3
              yes exactly. You can load any jpg (or other formats) from a directory, and set up a MovieClipLoader to bring them in (or a few other methods) but you can do this without a problem, and it will keep the file size way down, so that it will load quickly. But this does depend on what your going to do with the images, if it's just a gallery or something than this is definitely the way to go. If your going to animate the images in some way, this might be more difficult but still very possible.