3 Replies Latest reply on May 20, 2010 6:20 AM by c.pfaffenbichler

Attach text or other file to PSD

jvj1952

I welcome the Notes feature. I would,  however, like to see the ability to attach a text

or other file to the PSD file. This file could be used for administrative purposes,

e.g. revision control, hold document development notes, document review notes, etc.

Like the Notes, the attached file would not be printed or exported with the PSD

document nor would it be present in any flattened file.

I would also like to have the ability to print the attached file (and the Notes).

Other files which could be attached to the PSD file include MS WORD files and

possibly source documents, though the latter could make for a large file but

including any the notes and source files would help for archival / support purposes.

A mechanism for detaching notes and source files would be required.

Posted elsewhere by mistake. Reposted here as advised.

Reviewed one year of feature requests. Saw a similar post:

to allow notes (document) to be attached to individual layers.

Regards. JVJ

• 1. Re: Attach text or other file to PSD
          c.pfaffenbichler Level 9

So pdf isn’t enough for your revision purposes?

And you would really like to pass your psd files around?

the PSD file include MS WORD files and possibly source documents

Word-documents? I may be biased as a Mac-user, but seriously?

And as for source documents: Smart Objects seem to offer that functionality for images and pdf/ai/eps-files already.

Of course You have your reasons for wanting such a feature and others may find more merit in your request, but to me it appears funny because I seem to remember some people complaining in the past about bloating software with unneeded (to some at least) functionalities …

• 2. Re: Attach text or other file to PSD
            jvj1952 Level 1

Some corporate release and archival practices require the bundling of all source documents (e.g. JPG files) and release notes with a given work product so that it can be maintained over the lifetime of the work product.

Sometimes this bundling is done manually or it can be facilitated through revision / change control tools.

The client of a freelancer could require, as part of a contract, the final work product plus PSD file as well as all supporting and source documents. This would provide the client with the means to maintain the work product over the lifetime of the work product without being tied to the original developer.

To me, the capability of bundling these documents with the PSD file seems to be a worthwhile feature.

Like the post where someone wanted to record details on each layer I think this feature provide for long term maintenance of the work product, perhaps beyond one’s tenure with an employer or client.

My apologies for appearing to be MS/PC centric and to be promoting bloatware.

Regards JVJ

• 3. Re: Attach text or other file to PSD
              c.pfaffenbichler Level 9

You have your reasons for wanting that functionality and just because 

I have so far seen no need for it doesn’t signify much …

I suppose we may be working in different fields or practices around 

here are just more lax.

Regards,

Pfaffenbichler