1 Reply Latest reply on May 20, 2010 6:31 AM by ~graffiti

filling in form fields

ummmhelp

I recieved a PDF of an employment aplication as an email attachment and I need to fill it out. I was wondering if it was possible to do that in Adobe Reader? The email sender implies in their email that I should be able to do this, but I haven't been able to figure it out. Under file:properties with the security tab selected and in the section "document restrictions summary" there is something that says "filling of form feilds: allowed". I would love to be able to fill these documents out on the computer and avoid printing them out then scanning them back into a PDF file if possible.

• 1. Re: filling in form fields
          ~graffiti Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You can ignore the security settings. All it is saying is that if the PDF reator had added form fields, you would be allowed to fill them in. It doesn't mean there actually are form fields (which are needed to fill it in using Reader.

Even if there were form fields, unless the file has been specially enabled using a feature in Acrobat intended for low-use forms, you still would be able to save the form after filling in the fields. You would have to print it out and mail it to them.