7 Replies Latest reply on May 21, 2010 12:47 PM by Lolaee

Creating Flash Page

Lolaee

Hi, I am new to the forums so if I am in the wrong place please direct me to the right one. I am currently working on adobe and trying to create a flash page using. I would like to get the flash to work like the one on this homepage http://www.alfonsepaganophotography.com/#mi=1&pt=0&pi=1&p=-1&a=0&at=0 I get close but just cant seem to get it to do the blocks. Anyone have any ideas I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

• 1. Re: Creating Flash Page
          hans-g. Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Hi,

direct me to the right one,it depends whether this: "cant seem to get the blocks to appear"  mean,

you can't integrate your flashplayer-file into your website resp. upload to your server or

do you have to create a flashplayer-file as well?

Hans-G.

• 2. Re: Creating Flash Page
            Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What approach/code are you trying that is not producing the desired result?

• 3. Re: Creating Flash Page
              Lolaee Level 1

Hello, I do not have a current code right now. Just trying different things from what I am reading online. I am pretty new to this.

• 4. Re: Creating Flash Page

Hi Lola,

well, let's play the game!You could try to insert a flash application - cause you do it the first time - into a solitary file. With this procedure I'll try to describe in detail from the beginning (translated from my German DW):

create a really new subdirectory
                create a new html/php-file

Work in designMode --> Insert Flash-Video
                search/browse ---> yourFLV.flv
                skin: Halo Skin 3 (min. width 280) ( it was my choice)
                width 640 ( it was my choice)
                height 480 ( it was my choice)
                I clicked all the boxes below

---> And now away with all these files to your server (best you have a look with the WIN-Explorer to your directory, to see all the files DW has created in your subdirectory and don't forget one):

YourFlv.flv
                YourFlv.php (or YourFlv.html)
                Clear_Skin_1.swf (my choice)
                FLVPlayer_Progressive.swf

If you are satisfied with your results, you can copy or do the procedure it into your "real" website.
                Hans-G.

P.S.
                To illustrate, what I would like to show you, I refer to my experimental side (a table with three videos in it) about this issue:
                http://www.goldschmiede-blumberg.de/AdobTest/flv/flv3.html

• 5. Re: Creating Flash Page
                  Ned Murphy Adobe Community Professional & MVP

This would be too advanced for a novice to try to do themselves, and I doubt you'll find anyone here willing to take the time to walk you thru it, essentially doing it for you.  It requires a few different levels of dynamic content creation/manipulation.  Your best bet will be to hire someone to create it for you or purchase a premade version of it somewhere online.

No offense intended towards hans-g, but you will probably do best to ignore what he's offered... it appears to be miles off topic.

• 6. Re: Creating Flash Page

Hello Ned,

you may be right, partly. I am able to admire everybodies thirst for knowledge, cause that's so close to my behavior. So I relive again and again to be in a dark corridor with many closed doors. When I open it I always come to another dark corridor, who cares?

Hans-G.

• 7. Re: Creating Flash Page
                      Lolaee Level 1

Thank you for the replys. I did see that it is a adobe flash program. I just have to figure it out.  I just thought I may get a quick answer here. I know it has preload bars and tiles that fade with a new image over a old image. Its a alpha fade transition. Just gotta figure it out. I suppose its just a hobby so I have all the time in the world.