3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 28, 2007 9:27 PM by Newsgroup_User

email response from form

DaveWerbelo
      Hi,

I am an absolute beginner at this ---so please be kind.

I am simply trying to place a form to solicitate email addresses from my customers on a site i am creating. The creation of the form was simple, however I can't figure out how to get the responses emailed back to me. Additionally I would like to re-direct the responders to the form to a different page on my site. can someone please help

Thanks!!!
        • 1. email response from form
          TC2112 Level 1
          Hi Dave,

There are a number of ways to do this.
          The best option (IMHO) is to use server side code such as PHP, ASP, ColdFusion, CGI Perl, ...
          As you are a beginner, I think your best bet is to see if your hosting company has a "FormMail" script.
          They are usually included with your hosting, already set up and ready to go with easy instruction on how to "connect" your form.

For example, your host may have a script called FormMail.ASP already sitting on your server. (Or FormMali.PHP and so on)
          The instructions to use it will likely have you add a few lines of code to your form, then open the ASP file and add your email address.

You can also do a search here for "Form Mail" and get many results. There's a lot of info there.

Take care,
          Tim
          • 2. Re: email response from form
            dreamx.0
            quote:

Originally posted by: DaveWerbelo
            Hi,

I am an absolute beginner at this ---so please be kind.

I am simply trying to place a form to solicitate email addresses from my customers on a site i am creating. The creation of the form was simple, however I can't figure out how to get the responses emailed back to me. Additionally I would like to re-direct the responders to the form to a different page on my site. can someone please help

Thanks!!!

Another way is to do use a flash file in you html page...sometimes that can be easier if you can get the files...there are a number of tutorials...can't think of the page but if I do I shall help...but I still have some problem with the html script myself and often do the flash file format....but anyway search for tutorials they often have sample files...be creative and use those sample files and learn from them.

Cheers
            dreamx.0
            • 3. Re: email response from form
              Level 7
              .oO(dreamx.0)

> Another way is to do use a flash file in you html page...

Huh? The OP want's a form and the results mailed to him. This has
              nothing to do with Flash and you surely don't want to use Flash for
              something like this.

Micha