4 Replies Latest reply on May 24, 2010 10:44 PM by dasun1981

Error when having more than one HTTPService calling asp.net pages

dasun1981

I'm getting a error when Im requesting 2 xml files using 2 HTTPService controls. But when I comment out one control, the other works perfectly file. The error I get is the following,

[RPC Fault faultString="HTTP request error" faultCode="Server.Error.Request" faultDetail="Error: [IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2032: Stream Error. URL: http://localhost/wautomation/Populate_BatchCreate.aspx"]. URL: http://localhost/wautomation/Populate_BatchCreate.aspx"]
          at mx.rpc::AbstractInvoker/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::faultHandler()[E:\dev\4.0.0\frameworks\project s\rpc\src\mx\rpc\AbstractInvoker.as:345]
          at mx.rpc::Responder/fault()[E:\dev\4.0.0\frameworks\projects\rpc\src\mx\rpc\Responder.as:68 ]
          at mx.rpc::AsyncRequest/fault()[E:\dev\4.0.0\frameworks\projects\rpc\src\mx\rpc\AsyncRequest .as:113]
          at DirectHTTPMessageResponder/errorHandler()[E:\dev\4.0.0\frameworks\projects\rpc\src\mx\mes saging\channels\DirectHTTPChannel.as:405]
          at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
          at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
          at flash.net::URLLoader/onComplete()

I have seen lot of questions around this on the net, and I my self posted one here ealier but no response. I guess unfortunatly the flex support teams aint that good like other technologies. So any one can help, greatly appriciated.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Error when having more than one HTTPService calling asp.net pages
          oldMster Level 3

I don't use ASP.net, but I can say it is not a problem with two calls going out at the same time from the Flex application.  We do it all the time, sometimes we have 4 or 5 requests fire off (yes some get deferred by the browser limits) in the 'creation complete' event to populate various lookup tables in the background so they will be ready when the user gets to the fields where the lookup is needed.  I would suggest you make sure the asp.net app isn't having a problem or resource conflict while trying to satisfy both requests at the same time.  2032 is a general http error, and while I have seen it a LOT, it has always turned out to be something else, not Flex. 

Mark

• 2. Re: Error when having more than one HTTPService calling asp.net pages
            BhaskerChari Level 4

Hi OldMaster,

You are right ...we can send many no of requests from Flex app...through HttpService. As you said the problem might be on ASP.net itself.

AS I have also run a sample test with 4 HTTPService components using ASP.net page but its working fine.

Hey dasun1981 try to debug the application by putting the break points in both Flex and the ASP.net page so that you might debug the problem.

Thanks,

Bhasker Chari

Message was edited by: BhaskerChari

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Error when having more than one HTTPService calling asp.net pages
              oldMster Level 3

I was not indicating that I thought there is a general problem with asp.net handling multiple requests.  What I was suggesting is that they should make sure the asp.net pages they have implemented to satisfy the requests can be running at the same time.  If both requests make use of single resource, ie a temporary file, a database, etc., then that could be the problem.  I was merely asserting that there is not a general problem with multiple simultaneous requests out of flex.

The best way to debug these issues is to run the SWF in Firefox with Firebugs net panel active, so you can see the requests go out, and see if the response comes back, and if so what was in the response.  Or if you are using Flash Builder 4, the new network monitor in debugging provides similar functionality

I also will agree that the information provided with the 2032 error is awful, there is nothing in the reported error information to help figure out.  If it even reported something as simple as 'no response received', or 'server disconnected with no response' it would be much more helpful.

Every time I have tracked down a 2032 error, it was either a certificate problem with an https call, or an error on the server side that caused the request to not be responded to.

Mark

• 4. Re: Error when having more than one HTTPService calling asp.net pages
                dasun1981 Level 1

This is most of the time something to do with the asp.net. As mentioned in one of the above replies, this exception is triggered when there is an error in the page you passing the values.

One better way to find this is to catch the error and pass it to the flex with the result so you know what is the error in the system and it will not produce the this flash player error messages.