I have a rather small (134 topics) help file in RH8. It has been generating help in Flash help correctly for months. Earlier today it was generating the help file OK.
But tonight, after I generated the help file in Adobe Air, when I try to generate my primary layout (Flash), it runs through the generation routines normally, but when I view the result, instead of opening a flash window, it opens a completely empty browser window.
If I try to generate Web help, after completion of the build, it opens a browser with the contents/index/search bar, but with absolutely no text whatsoever in the table of contents or window.
Any idea of what might be going wrong here?
Thanks for your help,
I realized that I had made Chrome my default browser and unfortunately, things seem to work slightly differently there.
My content appeared just fine once I starting using FoxFire. Once I figured that out, I did some fishing around in Chrome and got things running properly again by clearing the Flash cache from Chrome. This was not a problem in Foxfire. Unfortunately, now that I am displaying the proper content in both browsers, there is still a slight problem in Chrome. When I use chrome and load my help file (in flash), the proper page appears, but the table of contents does not update, but if I use Foxfire, the table of contents correctly opens to the page which I am displaying.
Chrome is clearly faster, but seems to still have some inconsistencies.
... and so far is not a RH supported browser.
Please follow this link and submit a feature request.
See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips