1 Reply Latest reply on May 26, 2010 3:40 AM by Krishna Prasad B V

How to Get Contribute CS4 to Update Available Styles when CSS is Updated

Outofnowhere

I am using a style sheet on my website.  I recently updated the style sheet, adding a new style, in Dreamweaver.  When I go into Contribute, the style is not showing up. 

How can I force Contribute to get the updated data from the latest version of the CSS?

I have about 8 people using Contribute to edit a site and I desperately need them to be able to see the new styles.

Thank you in advance.

Mary Beth

• 1. Re: How to Get Contribute CS4 to Update Available Styles when CSS is Updated
          Krishna Prasad B V Level 3

Hi,

The CSS you are defining are CSS classes right, not the ID? That is, in your CSS file, you are defining the new styles using the '.' symbol. If so, then can you ask your users to refresh the web page they want to edit (browse to the web page, right click to bring up the context menu and click Refresh menu item).

Now, they can edit the web page, and the new styles would be displayed in the Styles menu. If that did not resolve the issue, can you ask them to recreate the connection to the website (remove the website connection and creating it again), or, quit and launch Contribute and click Connect button to connect to the website.

If the new style is defined using '#' symbol, I don't think Contribute will display these styles.

Hope this helps.