3 Replies Latest reply on May 21, 2010 8:01 PM by kglad

stop action in movie clip

dldawg

I have a simple movie clip that animates some text and a divider bar. The clip loops which is normal, I want to add a stop action to stop the loop.

I have three layers; text, divider_bar, and actions. On the actions layer I placed stop();  on the last frame. This stops the movie clip just fine. But if I rewind and play it again the movie clips stays on the last frame and wont restart. I'm using Action script 2 and have even tried using as 3 with out any luck.  Any suggestions??

I need the movie clip to run and or restart when the page is loaded or when refreshed...

Thanks

Dale

• 1. Re: stop action in movie clip
          kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

what do you mean by, ".. if I rewind and play it again.."?

what are you rewinding and playing again and what's the relationship between that timeline and the movieclip's timeline?

• 2. Re: stop action in movie clip
            dldawg Level 1

The rewind was replaying the movie in the  test window. After I did that the movie clip with the stop action would stay on the last frame and not play...

Now after posting my first message and starting to reply to your post. I exported the movie into a HTML file and it all works just fine...

Now that I figured out I did wrong,  I can complete the project...

I feel like an idiot for not fully testing before posting, but now I found a great place to post questions  I will have to thank the guys over at HTML Code Tutorials for the suggestion of coming here....

Oh yeah, thank you for your responce, it got me to look further into what I had done wrong...

Thanks!

Dale

Message was edited by: dldawg

• 3. Re: stop action in movie clip
              kglad Adobe Community Professional & MVP

you're welcome.

p.s.  if you can, please mark this thread as answered.