4 Replies Latest reply on May 22, 2010 8:13 AM by tclark513

Premiere CS5 + AVCHD = Yellow bar problem?

MasterTPK

I just wanted to ask, if this is normal or what I'm doing wrong, because I never had this problem with CS4. After I recorded some footage with my Canon HFs100 (AVCHD 1920x1080, interpreted to 25p) and I tried to edit it on Premiere(sequence: AVCHD 1920x1080, 25fps) , I always get that yellow bar, which  indicates that there is a mismatch between footage properties  and sequence settings.

In Premiere Cs4, I always intepret the footage at fisrt, because the way HFS100 captures video and the it works just fine without yellow/red bar, but in CS5, I still get that yellow bar. Why?

• 1. Re: Premiere CS5 + AVCHD = Yellow bar problem?
          Harm Millaard Level 7

The yellow bar means that it may not be necessary for fluid playback te render. With supported Cuda cards, nearly everything is shown in yellow, unless there are non-accelerated effects in the timeline.

BTW, get your terminology straight. Capture is only possible with DV or HDV tape based cameras over firewire. AVCHD can not be captured. If you ask a question but use the wrong terminology, it will only lead to confusion.

• 2. Re: Premiere CS5 + AVCHD = Yellow bar problem?
            MasterTPK Level 1

Harm Millaard wrote:

BTW, get your terminology straight. Capture is only possible with DV or HDV tape based cameras over firewire. AVCHD can not be captured. If you ask a question but use the wrong terminology, it will only lead to confusion.

Yeah, that's right, but I meant the way Canon's camcorders "captures" footage to memory card (I think, it's not real 25p) and not that capture where I transfer my DV tapes to computer using firewire. Sorry, if i wasn't clear about that. My english sucks.

• 3. Re: Premiere CS5 + AVCHD = Yellow bar problem?
              Harm Millaard Level 7
              My english sucks.

So does mine and all the more reason, when we are handicapped by not using our native tongue, to be as precise as possible. We are not alone here, there are people from all over the world for whom English is only a second or third language, so the better we express ourselves, the easier it is to get understood and get valuable feedback.

Look here: Adobe Forums: A glossary of video terms

This is not to sound arrogant, but to help you express yourself in this rather complicated language of video editing.

• 4. Re: Premiere CS5 + AVCHD = Yellow bar problem?
                tclark513 Level 3

Try dropping one of your clips onto the "mew item" icon at the bottom of your project panel.  This will automatically make a new sequence that will match the footage properties.  See if you still get the yellow line.  I work with HDV and do not get a yellow line until I add an effect.