2 Replies Latest reply on May 22, 2010 7:17 AM by ukdesign1

dreamweaver cs5 problems and adobe support close the case on you

ukdesign1 Level 1

I emailed Adobe support with the message below and they closed the case on me and told me to go over to the developers connection website and open a case there. Well of course there is no where to open a case there, it brings you back to the normal support pages, so I opened a case again!

This is just one of the flaws in Cs5 I've found from intensive useage yesterday.

1. Hangs for nearly 2 minutes if you use an external link to ny file like jquery in the header of the pages - detailed below

2. Sometimes when selecting a related file it says "not on server" and actually tries to open ANOTHER ftp connection listed. It switches connection and then says"not on server" - well of course not....because it just changed to another server! However many time you change it back, it won't have it.

3. The pop up css is a good idea but not well thought out. I have to right click to get inspect but when I roll over the areas it doesn't show the css in the css panel. If I right click and select to show the code, it shows me the css, I then have to click it to select it in the left column. All very long winded... WHY NOT JUST CLICK AN AEA ON THE LIVE VIEW PAGE AND IT SHOWS THE CSS THERE INSTANTLY TO EDIT?!

4. On first open after a quit and relaunch, or restart, switching from normal view to live view hangs Dreamweaver for over a minute before live view is displayed.

Very very buggy and I feel I have paid for a beta version.

Hello I now have Dreamweaver CS5.

It has MAJOR flaw.

If a webpage contains the code

<script type="text/javascript"

src="http://code.jquery.com/jquery-1.4.2.min.js"></script>#

It takes over 1 minute to open each page after launching

This is caused by the 'related files' facility

THIS IS TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE in software which is this expensive.

All design companies such as us use jquery.

Please fix this flaw asap or supply me with a fix. Turning of related files

helps but if I was to do that what would be the point in

having that facility? (which I am paying for!)

• 1. Re: dreamweaver cs5 problems and adobe support close the case on you
          Ben M Adobe Community Professional

First off duplicate posts don't help.

Second, the Bug Report form is here: https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform .  Technical support is not a bug reporting center, nor are they developers which is why they probably closed your case. And there really are not any questions in your support request it reads like a bug report and an angry one at that, not even starting out calm, shouting almost immediately.

1.  Why are you working with remote website files that are not part of your domain and not in your local site?  This is a bad practice to get in the habit of.  If their website shuts down, so does the functionality of yours.  Many here will argue that point.

2.  "Sometimes".  That is the key word in your statement.  Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't.  What happens when it says "Sometimes not on server" and what happens in the other times.  What's different?  It's usually hard to believe it's random luck.  But developers in a bug report need to know these things.  What's different about the file(s)?  Is it with certain file(s), type(s), etc?  How would it open another FTP connection, do you have multiple FTP locations defined within one site definition?

3.  This sounds like a feature request, not a bug nor a support request.

4.  You seem to be referring to Question #1 here so that is answered.

"Please fix this flaw asap or supply me with a fix." - So you are saying Please fix this flaw with a patch or give me the patch.  Again, this sounds like you want to file a bug report and not create a support request.

"All design companies such as us use jquery".  - While I wouldn't be so quick to say all, but rather most, I would say see my answer to #1.  Why make your site dependent on someone else's?

• 2. Re: dreamweaver cs5 problems and adobe support close the case on you
            ukdesign1 Level 1

Hi,

Appreciate your reply and accept what you say, I'll take on board the suggestions.

My answers under yours below

Second, the Bug Report form is here: https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform .  Technical support is not a bug reporting center, nor are they developers which is why they probably closed your case. And there really are not any questions in your support request it reads like a bug report and an angry one at that, not even starting out calm, shouting almost immediately.

- Frustration, I've been up all night, hours messing with it.

Thanks for the link, I'll post to that. I personally don't agree that bugs this big should be present in software of such high upgrade fee's and which should have been tested but I guess we all know its the way of the world now.

1.  Why are you working with remote website files that are not part of your domain and not in your local site?  This is a bad practice to get in the habit of.  If their website shuts down, so does the functionality of yours.  Many here will argue that point.

- This is a valid point I've come across before and reading up on it I found it was said that the site in question was on cloud servers, mirrored etc. The link I posted was from someone elses post who was having a similar problem. I personally use the flowplay/jquery main link which has ALL the jquery plugins/effects so whatever is used on that page works.

http://cdn.jquerytools.org/1.1.2/full/jquery.tools.min.js

We did this as it seemed that was what everyone was doing, it seems I am wrong and I take on board your comments about downloading the file.

2.  "Sometimes".  That is the key word in your statement.  Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't.  What happens when it says "Sometimes not on server" and what happens in the other times.  What's different?  It's usually hard to believe it's random luck.  But developers in a bug report need to know these things.  What's different about the file(s)?  Is it with certain file(s), type(s), etc?  How would it open another FTP connection, do you have multiple FTP locations defined within one site definition?

I probably used the wrong word in 'sometimes' - A better description would be "some of the related files". When live view is on the right and code on the left, related files across the top. If I hover my mouse over the files, it tells me where they are. This info is incorrect on 'some' of the files, not all of them but about 8 out of 10.

It shows the file as being in the folder of another account in the site defs, but its not in there, it's in the one I'm working on (and which is live in the ftp file window). So if I click on the file to view it, it says its not available, and asks if I want to download it from the server. That doesn't work because it then tries to switch the ftp connection to the other site and download.

I thought it was muddled so I removed all the ftp sites and set up just one, the one I was working on. But that didn't work... it then thinks the related files are in "unnamed site 1" - anywhere but looking in its own folder or on its own ftp server!

4.  You seem to be referring to Question #1 here so that is answered.

"Please fix this flaw asap or supply me with a fix." - So you are saying Please fix this flaw with a patch or give me the patch.  Again, this sounds like you want to file a bug report and not create a support request.

- Accepted, you are right, its a bug report, just they directed me to the developer website and I kept ending up here, so began to believe this is where I should be posting.

"All design companies such as us use jquery".  - While I wouldn't be so quick to say all, but rather most, I would say see my answer to #1.  Why make your site dependent on someone else's?

- Accepted, I appreciate your honest comments and critism and fot taking the time to reply :-)