• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems installing Flash v10 onto IE8

New Here ,
May 22, 2010 May 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot install Flash onto IE8 at all. I tried uninstalling flash, restarting, installing and restarting; no luck. I cannot uninstall IE8, when I go to do it in updates it does not load, perhaps there is an error with IE8?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, please post back your operating system and whether it is a 64bit. Also are you using any other browser(s)? I'm sure there is no error with IE8, but several things can cause problems installing Flash Player.

What Anti-Virus program do you use? Does it have it's own Firewall? If not, do you use any third party Firewall other than

Windows Firewall? A version number of your Anti-Virus would be helpful as well.

Let's start with this info.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows Vista 32 bit

I do use Firefox, Chrome and IE8. I use different ones for different things.

My antivirus is AVG v9.0 and it does have it's own firewall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mike, There are a couple of things that are needed to be in place in order to Install Flash Player successfully.

1. You must use the Admininstrator account, which gives you permissions needed.

2. In IE>Internet Options>General Tab, Security for the Internet Zone needs to be set at Medium

3. Anti-Virus/Firewalls can and most due Block the Install of the ActiveX Control for Flash Player. So an adjustment can be made temporarily.

Do you have the Link Scanner? Do you know how to Disable that and the Firewall if needed?

Now, if you can, go to C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash  Right click on the Flash folder and post back the files listed there. If FF(Firefox) & Chrome are working without any problems, then I don't need the info on the NPSWF files.

If they are not, then right click on each one and click on Properties to obtain the version numbers.

Then using IE, check "All add ons" for Shockwave Flash Object..ActiveX Control...Flash10e.ocx (this is vs 10.0.45.2) and

must be listed and Enabled. If anything different is listed after Flash...., then let me know.

Depending on what you find will determine whether you need to Uninstall/Install.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help eidnol, it is appreciated!

1. This is an administrative account.

2. Internet zone is at medium.

3. Should I temporarily disable the firewall?

I do have the link scanner, and do know how to disable both that and the firewall temporarily.

In that folder I have:

FlashPlayerTrust > rpconverter.cfg

Flash10c.ocx

flashplayer.xpt

FlashUtil10b.exe

install.log

NPSWF32.dll

NPSWF32_FlashUtil.exe

uninstall_plugin.exe

In the add-ons, there is one called Shockwave ActiveX Control, but it doesn't mention Flash anywhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike, thanks for the info. In your Flash files, you have a mix of two FP files, those and the fact in the add ons you don't

have the ActiveX Control for Flash Player. The Shockwave ActiveX Control most likely is for the Shockwave Player, which is separate from the Flash Player. So I'm sure the AVG is blocking the one needed for FP.

So, yes you are going to have to Uninstall/Install using IE. Download the Uninstaller from here and SAVE it to your Desktop.

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html

Then download this Flash Player Installer for Internet Explorer and SAVE it to your Desktop.

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player_ax.exe

Then since the Uninstaller will Uninstall ALL Flash files, download this Flash Installer for Firefox(and other browsers)

and SAVE it to your Desktop:

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player.exe

Now I am somewhat more detailed in how I suggest Uninstalling/Installing and that is because I try to do it right the first time, so it doesn't have to be done again.

1. After you have those SAVED to your Desktop, then Disconnect from the Internet.

2. Open the AVG User Interface, double click on the Resident Shield & Untick the option Resident Shield Active & save the changes. Now, double click on the LinkScanner & Untick the option Enable AVG Search-Shield and the Enable Active Surf-Shield & save the changes.

3. Disable the Firewall

4. Check in the system tray and disable any applications that use Flash.

5. Close ALL browsers

6. Now RUN the Uninstaller from your Desktop. When finished, Reboot(restart) your computer. When fully Rebooted, Reboot again and when fully Rebooted, go to your Flash folder and make sure it contains NO Flash files at all. If any are there, then RUN the Uninstaller again & Reboot. (I know it's a pain)

7. Now RUN the Installer from your Desktop, and when finished, Reboot Once

8. You can now check your Flash folder for the IE files and there should be 4 entries, 2 will be 10.0.45.2 vs. and a log file and a Uninstall file. Then go to your IE "All add ons" and you should see the Shockwave Flash Object...Flash10e.ocx & make sure it is Enabled.

9. Now, RUN the Installer for Firefox from your Desktop and Reboot Once.

10. Now re-Enable your Firewall & other AVG components that you Disabled.

11. Connect back to the Internet

12. Post back all files in the Flash folder and the add on in IE. Also check using FF in plug-ins for the SWF vs 10.0.45.2 and make sure it is Enabled.

This sounds more complicated than it is:-) It takes longer to type it out than do it! This is the procedure I use myself and have had no problem.

If you have any questions, just post back.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I had a problem today and only fixed it by going back one version on flash, maybe you want to try it

?

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/labs/flashplayer10/flashplayer10_1_rc5_active x_052010.exe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Flash Player version you are recommending is a beta version; see http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10.html

Install beta / prerelease software at your own risk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines