4 Replies Latest reply on May 23, 2010 5:53 PM by Vualafax112

Saving Stop-Motion Clips

Vualafax112 Level 1

I have read repeatedly the instructions for making stop-motion videos using Premire Elements 8.  I have come to understand that when you close out of the box that you shoot your footage from, a dialogue box appears asking to save the clips as a single unit.  However, whenever I close out of this, nothing happens, and I loose my footage.

I tried the feature that captures each clip to the timeline as you film, but this makes things quite unhandy when I want to arrange and rearrange my scenes.

How can I save my "scenes" that I have filmed so that working with them will be a much easier, hassel-free task?

• 1. Re: Saving Stop-Motion Clips
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

I'm not sure what you mean by "when you close out of the box that you shoot your footage from".

Which stop motion method are you using?

Are you using the Capture window's stop motion capture?

I'm also not quite clear on why, after you've captured your video in stop motion increments, you want to re-arrange their order. Isn't the point of this type of capture to capture occasional frames so that your video plays in fast motion?

• 2. Re: Saving Stop-Motion Clips
            Vualafax112 Level 1

Yes, I am using the Capture window's stop motion capture.  At least, I think it's the capture window...

It's quite difficult to put what I am trying to get across into words.  Let's say that I have filmed a short scene showing a Lego person walking across the screen.  The scene that I want to show after that is one showing the Lego person sitting down at a table.  I have filmed those two out of order by mistake, and I want to fix this.  It's not that I want to mess up the "scenes" themselves by changing the order of the frames in which they were filmed, it's that I want to change the order of the scenes themselves.

When I film this by capturing each frame to the timeline, it posts each shot of the Lego person as individual still-shots.  It plays fine when I go back to the beginning, but if I have to re-arrange the scenes, it means that I have to deal with moving fifty or so pictures of a Lego person.  Isn't there a way that I can film each scene (like the scene with the Lego person walking across the screen) as its own unit?

• 3. Re: Saving Stop-Motion Clips
              nealeh Level 5

You group a series of clips by:

• shift selecting them
              • right-clicking
              • click Group

group.png

Cheers,
              --
              Neale
              Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 4. Re: Saving Stop-Motion Clips
                Vualafax112 Level 1

Thank you very much!  That is exactly what I needed.