7 Replies Latest reply on May 30, 2010 8:52 PM by ANTHONY THOMAS

CC Light Burst 2.5

ANTHONY THOMAS Level 1

I love this effect but when I view it in preview mode in Encore it makes very jagged transitions while in After Effects it appears smoothed. I haven't had a chance to render the Blue Ray that will contain the piece that uses this, but does render in jags?

• 1. Re: CC Light Burst 2.5
          Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

It shouldn't render "jaggy", but I wouldn't trust Encore's preview window for any sort of quality check on your video. It's not really intended for that.

• 2. Re: CC Light Burst 2.5
            bogiesan-gyyClL Level 3

Operator error. It's a lovely effect.

How are you getting the AE output into Encore? Some kind of hot link? I do not use Adobe video products except AE so I don't know who that stuff is accomplished but in Apple's FCP suite, I usually get best results by rendering out of one product and importing the movie into the next product in the chain.

bogiesan

• 3. Re: CC Light Burst 2.5
              ANTHONY THOMAS Level 1

I have rendered it into a m2v format. When I watch it in windows media player or Encore theres lots of pixelation but in After Effects its smooth. I am hoping it will render correctly on the blu ray, if it doesn't I am lost about why.

• 4. Re: CC Light Burst 2.5

Are you saying the M2V file plays back smoothly in After Effects or that your comp that you later rendered into the M2V file is smooth?

If the comp is smooth but the M2V isn't, we're going to need a lot more information. What is your comp size and settings? What sort of render settings did you use for the M2V?

I wouldn't suggest rendering an M2V out of AE anyway. I'd render a lossless AVI or MOV (like Quicktime with the PNG codec) with AE and let Encore do the M2V encoding. AE can't do two-pass encoding which gives you a better quality video at the same file size. (You could also import your AE project into the Adobe Media Encoder and simply render the M2V out of there, but I prefer the other method.)

• 5. Re: CC Light Burst 2.5
                  ANTHONY THOMAS Level 1

Sorry for the confusion. When I preview the comp in After Effects it is smooth.

• 6. Re: CC Light Burst 2.5

If it looks fine in AE, but bad in Encore and renders bad onto the Blu-ray, then we'll need to look at what your comp size was and all of your render settings.

• 7. Re: CC Light Burst 2.5
                      ANTHONY THOMAS Level 1

I followed your advice and rendered an AVI, and then used Adobe Media Encoder to create a VBR 2 pass m2v. Everything worked out.