5 Replies Latest reply on May 23, 2010 4:04 PM by Harm Millaard

canon t2i+CS5 question

kingsheik1111 Level 1

Hi everyone, I just had some newbie questions. When I render my final output in premiere pro cs5, which output format/setting is optimal for my camera? I always shoot at 1080p and 24fps. also are there any other important factors I should know about when it comes to dslr? thanks for the help!

• 1. Re: canon t2i+CS5 question
          Harm Millaard Level 7

Ingest format and delivery format are as related as parking near the shopping mall and making a hiking trip to Antarctica.

What is your intended delivery medium? DVD, BRD, web, trash can?

• 2. Re: canon t2i+CS5 question
            kingsheik1111 Level 1

Hi, is this possible? I want to render a permanent file in the highest quality, so in the future I can convert it to DVD or BRD, or other formats. I don't want to keep my original footage because after an edit I only keep about 30% of my original files.

Also another thing is puzzling me, when I rendered my t2i 24fps 1080p sequence on CS5, under the default AVI- NTSC 1080 24p, the file came out to be over 300mb, and the quality is VERY BAD. And when I rendered the same sequence under WMV, the file only came out to be around 100mb, and the quality is pretty good HD.

Thanks for your help!

• 3. Re: canon t2i+CS5 question
              Harm Millaard Level 7
              under the default AVI- NTSC 1080 24p

That is no default.

If you haven't decided yet on the delivery format, keep it as a Lagarith AVI file. It will take some space, but is visually lossless.

• 4. Re: canon t2i+CS5 question
                kingsheik1111 Level 1

I don't see a Lagarith AVI under the format options. I only see Uncompressed AVI. Sorry i'm a beginner, can you tell me how to do it? Thanks!

Btw can you tell me for my camera setting, what's the best output format/setting for upload to facebook or youtube?

• 5. Re: canon t2i+CS5 question
                  Harm Millaard Level 7

Lagarith needs to be downloaded, Google is your friend here.

Doesn't really matter for YouTube or Facebook, since they stink anyway. Maybe a consumer application like WMM or Magix is better suited for your purposes.