2 Replies Latest reply on May 24, 2010 4:15 PM by Pauleney

PLEASE HELP - Album starter making edited photos look bad and grainy

Pauleney

Hi,

Im new to the whole editing process but having been editing my photos which were originally approximately 6MB. After editing some would become around 9MB.

For some reason my default viewing setting was with album starter and when i open the edited photos they look bad and grainy. If i open using windows gallery or any other program they are fine. Im wondering if anyone can help me? Am i doing something wrong? Like editing wrongly? Or is it albhum starter... It is an old version of album starter..

Any answers would be useful Thanks

• 1. Re: PLEASE HELP - Album starter making edited photos look bad and grainy
          Mark C. Dahm Adobe Employee

1. What are you using to Edit the photos?

2. Hard to say without seeing the differences, but if you can't attach or share screen shots, are you seeing the images at the same zoom percentage in Starter Edition as you are in the editing program?

3. Are there differences in color?

-Mark

• 2. Re: PLEASE HELP - Album starter making edited photos look bad and grainy
            Pauleney Level 1

Hi Mark,

I am using lightroom to edit the photos but even when i use photoshop it does it too.

I also just checked with the album starter for the zoom levels and no matter what zoom i put it on i still get the same look. Also if i vew the files in the album starter as a much smaller file i dont not get this look so if i upload now you wont be able to see the look that im getting as i would need to down size it to fit in here. Do you have an email address i could possibly forward a screen shot too? There are no colour differences, however i really notice alot more if it is in black & white.

Thanks

Colleen