13 Replies Latest reply on Nov 29, 2010 1:57 AM by Massalha shady

DW CS5 "Get" bug in expanded site files view

KJAsydney

Hi,

I just installed the CS5 Design Premium trial and have been playing with Dreamweaver. Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing the following issue...

When in expanded site files view (showing both local and remote), selecting a file on the REMOTE site and trying to "Get" the file does not download the remote file. It instead tries to retrieve the remote copy of the file(s) selected in the LOCAL file list pane.

If no file is selected on the local file list, pressing "Get" after selecting a REMOTE file from the list brings up the "Are you sure you wish to get the entire site" dialog.

Steps to reproduce:
      1. Open expanded site files view (local and remote)
      2. Click on a file in the remote file list. For testing purposes, click on a file in the LOCAL list first, then select a remote file
      3. Click the Get button or right click on the remote file and choose Get.

DW should download the selected REMOTE file if that was the last selected file prior to executing the Get command. (this is the action that DW CS3/CS4 does)

I have submitted this bug in the official Adobe bug reporting system, but I'm curious as to whether others can reproduce this bug.

Thanks

• 1. Re: DW CS5 "Get" bug in expanded site files view
          KJAsydney Level 1

Forgot to mention that I'm running Windows 7, 64-bit

• 2. Re: DW CS5 "Get" bug in expanded site files view
            quantumlight

I'm getting that bug too. And I'm on Win 7 32 bit.

• 3. Re: DW CS5 "Get" bug in expanded site files view
              KJAsydney Level 1

DW v11.0.2 update is out and NO, it doesn't fix this issue under Windows 7 64-bit.

This problem is very similar to another issue with the expanded site files view, posted by Codefinger here: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/674988?tstart=0

• 4. Re: DW CS5 "Get" bug in expanded site files view
                MurraySummers Level 8

I am on W7-64bit.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open expanded site files view (local and remote)
                2. Click on a file in the remote file list. For testing purposes, click on a file in the LOCAL list first, then select a remote file
                3. Click the Get button or right click on the remote file and choose Get.

I have followed your instructions.  I cannot reproduce your observations.  The file selected on the REMOTE side is the file that DW GETs when I choose Get.

• 5. Re: DW CS5 "Get" bug in expanded site files view
                  KJAsydney Level 1

@Murray, I think I have discovered exactly where the bug lies and how you may be able to reproduce it yourself...

@quantumlight - do you happen to have your Site Files panel UNDOCKED and in its own floating panel??

I work with Dreamweaver on a dual/multi monitor setup. I have my split design/code view on one screen, and the site files and code inspector on a DETACHED Files panel on the 2nd monitor.

I did a full DW prefences reset and everything went back to the factory setting, with the Files panel docked to the right hand side of the DW program window. With it docked, I opened the expanded/split site files view and IT WORKED NORMALLY as is expected.

However, as soon as I UNDOCKED the Files panel into its own floating panel and expanded the file view, the bug appeared and selecting a REMOTE FILE and pressing Get, asked to either download a copy of the selected LOCAL file, or if no local file is selected it asks "Are you sure you want to get the entire site"

Redocking the Files panel back to its original position makes the bug disappear.

I have tested this on two Windows 7 machines and one Mac Snow Leopard machine, both with the CS5 11.0.2 updates installed.

It seems it's a Windows version only bug as both Win7 machines produced the bug, with the Mac machine NOT presenting the bug in either docked or floating panel state.

Hopefully the Adobe DW guys see this soon and can work on fixing this bug in the next update.

Do you think i should re-submit my previous bug report with this updated discovery?

• 6. Re: DW CS5 "Get" bug in expanded site files view
                    MurraySummers Level 8

Do you think i should re-submit my previous bug report with this updated discovery?

Yes, definitely.

• 7. Re: DW CS5 "Get" bug in expanded site files view
                      KJAsydney Level 1

Thanks Murray.

By chance, were you able to test this on your own machine to see if you can now reproduce it?

• 8. Re: DW CS5 "Get" bug in expanded site files view
                        MurraySummers Level 8

My current W7 box doesn't feed two monitors.  Haven't tried on the Mac.

• 9. Re: DW CS5 "Get" bug in expanded site files view
                          KJAsydney Level 1

The bug happens on a single monitor setup as well. I tried it with both my dual monitor Win7 desktop and single screen MacBook Pro with OSX/Win7 boot camp setup.

The Files panel just has to be dragged out from the docked position and be in its own floating palette anywhere on screen.

My updated bug report has been submitted. Hopefully 11.0.3 update will fix this.

• 10. Re: DW CS5 "Get" bug in expanded site files view
                            KJAsydney Level 1

I just received confirmation from the Dreamweaver development team of this bug and that a fix will be in a future Dreamweaver update.

Here's the reply I received:

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems with Dreamweaver.

This is indeed a bug in Dreamweaver and we have a fix to address this defect that will ship in an upcoming maintenance release.

In the meantime, here is a workaround that you can use:

1) Select the remote file, files or folder that you want to work with.
                            2) Click the refresh button at the top of the files panel.
                            3) Select the remote file, files or folders that you want to work with a second time.
                            4) right click and choose "Get".

This should get the selected remote files rather than attempting to refresh the selected local files.

Thanks for reporting this issue to us!

Regards,

Dreamweaver Engineering
                            Adobe Systems

I am yet to try the suggested temporary workaround to see if it works, but I hope this helps others experiencing this issue until the fix is released.

• 11. Re: DW CS5 "Get" bug in expanded site files view
                              John Waller Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Similar, but unrelated, issues were reported in CS4 during the CS4 cycle.

No fixes were ever issued for CS4.

Be interesting to see if this ever gets fixed in a CS5 patch.

• 12. Re: DW CS5 "Get" bug in expanded site files view
                                webguy1229 Level 1

I just experienced this bug and I do have a dual screen setup.  I did exactly the select a file in remote files view and clicked on the get icon.  It asked if I wanted to get the whole site.  closed that and went to the refresh icon.  went back to the file and did the same click on get and it went ahead and got the file and put it into the local file tree.  The work around works.

Thanks for the info.  I guess it was out there so we pay attention and not work too fast. 

• 13. Re: DW CS5 "Get" bug in expanded site files view
                                  Massalha shady

I have the same problem in DW CS5 Windows7 64bit.

docking the file panel fixes the problem.

The most bug i found in CS5 is Searching folders.

In CS4/3 You could point on a folder ... press CTRL+F and the folder is automatically in the folder input.

Somehow, they forgot it in DW CS5 ...