5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 13, 2010 11:26 AM by CaroleHayes

Unable to open camera raw 6.0 from Bridge CS5

Natdale

I just Installed photoshop CS5 and I am unable to view and open my NEF files in Camera Raw from Bridge CS5.  It worked perfectly fine with Bridge CS4 and Camera Raw 5.1.0.30.  Anyone has any suggestion other than using my old Bridge CS4. I have mas OS X 10.6.3 installed on my computer.

Many Thanks

• 1. Re: Unable to open camera raw 6.0 from Bridge CS5
          dorin_nicolaescu Level 5

Any error messages? Other details? How exactly it "doesn't open"?

You have to open at least one raw file in Photoshop CS5, before Bridge will be able to use ACR, if I am not mistaken.

• 2. Re: Unable to open camera raw 6.0 from Bridge CS5
            Natdale Level 1

I am able to open any of my raw files in Photoshop CS5 but I can't preview them in Bridge.  I do not get any error message.  In the bridge browser, the raw files appears as the generic white sheet of paper icon and the Camera Raw icon at the top of the window is grey all the time even when a picture is selected so I can't click on it to have the image open in Camera Raw.  In CS4 I used to be able to open any type of file in Camera Raw from bridge by clicking on the little Cameraw Raw icon at the top on the window, even JPG files... with CS5 bridge I can't because the icons is always greyed out. In the "Adobe Bridge CS5" drop down menu the "Camera Raw Preference..." menu item is greyed out too... so I can't access it. I have de-installed and re-installed the entire photoshop CS5 and it is still the same... I am at lost and using my old CS4 bridge for now.

• 3. Re: Unable to open camera raw 6.0 from Bridge CS5
              Jeff Schewe Level 5

Natdale wrote:

I have de-installed and re-installed the entire photoshop CS5 and it is still the same... I am at lost and using my old CS4 bridge for now.

You'll need to confirm that the Camera Raw plug-in was correctly installed so that both Photoshop _AND_ Bridge can access it. For Mac the only correct location that is should be installed is: the root level Library (not the user Library). Inside of the Library look at Application Support/ Adobe/Plug-ins/ CS5/ File Formats/ Camera Raw.plugin

If the Camera Raw plug-in isn't there and/or any of these folders are not there then Camera Raw is not properly installed...if Camera Raw is correctly installed then you may need to do several things...first, in the folder you are trying to see raw images, go up under Tools/ Cache/ Purge Cache For Folder. If that doesn't work you may need to trash your Bridge CS5 preferences. To do that, hold down the Command/ Option/ Shift keys while double-clicking the Bridge app icon and choosing Reset Preferences...

If Camera Raw was not properly installed, sorry, can't help you...you may need to contact Customer Service for installing tech support.

• 4. Re: Unable to open camera raw 6.0 from Bridge CS5
                Natdale Level 1

Thank you,  the plug-in was in Application Support/ Adobe/Plug-ins/ CS5/  so I moved it to the File Formats folder and it worked. Maybe it got dispIaced when ran the installer for the wrong DXF plug-in ( I first had the wrong version then Tiffen gave me the updated version for CS5 ) it might have conflicted with the Camera Raw plug-in.

• 5. Re: Unable to open camera raw 6.0 from Bridge CS5
                  CaroleHayes

Thank you!!! 

I've been losing my mind, trying to figure out why things weren't working, but resetting preferences worked!