20 Replies Latest reply on May 11, 2014 7:26 AM by A.T. Romano

Exporting 1920x1080 30p

Gonzchi Level 1

Hello,

I am evaluating the trial version of PrE 8, but I can´t seem to find a way to export (mpeg2 or mp4) with a resolution of 1920x1080 and 30 fps progressive.

( I have a camera that is 1080p and I want to keep the final result that way)

observations:

a) If I look under the MPEG category there are several presets. "HD 720p 30" will do it in 1280x720.  But there is no "HD 1080p 30" preset.

If I go to the "advaced" dialog and try to modify the HD 720p 30 preset to change its resolution, it will only allow up to 1440x810.

b) like wise, there is a preset called MPE2 1920x1080i 30 , but this is interlaced video.  If I go to the advaced window and try to edit the preset to make it progressive, there is no such option.

c) The same thing goes for MP4 format, using the H.264 1920x1080i 30 preset:  There is no option to change it to progressive.

Is this something that is not supported in PrE8 at all?

Do I have to install another codec/plugin ?

What about if I get Quicktime Pro ? (I only have the free version) Can PrE8 use quicktime encoders?

Thank you!

Gonzalo

• 1. Re: Exporting 1920x1080 30p
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

That option is not available in Premiere Elements.

You may want to check in with the knowledgeable folks on the Community forum at http://Muvipix.com.

No doubt someone there can recommend a media encoder that will do what you need.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Exporting 1920x1080 30p
            Gonzchi Level 1

Thank u steve. I will

G

• 3. Re: Exporting 1920x1080 30p
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Gonzaio

It is all there, you are just not seeing it.

Share/Personal Computer/MPEG

Preset: HD 720p30

Under the Advance Button:

Dot next to NTSC

Unlink Width Height by clicking on the chain like icon to the right of those designations.

Set the Level to High.

Width 1920 pixels

Height 1080 pixels

Pixel Aspect Ratio Square Pixels (1.000)

Field Order None (Progressive)

Frame Rate 29.97 fps

That should cover it. Please let us know the outcome.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: Exporting 1920x1080 30p
                Gonzchi Level 1

Thanks AT

As I said, the maximum horizontal resolution that it will let me enter is 1440.  If I type 1920 it reverts back to 1440 as soon as I enter the value.

I believe that Steve is right, and that this might be limited on purpose... to artificially differentiate Pr Elements from Pr Pro...

thanks again

G

• 5. Re: Exporting 1920x1080 30p
                  nealeh Level 5

A.T. Romano wrote:

Dot next to NTSC

Unlink Width Height by clicking on the chain like icon to the right of those designations.

Set the Level to High.

I can't see this in PRE7 - is it a PRE8 feature?

Cheers,
                  --
                  Neale
                  Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

• 6. Re: Exporting 1920x1080 30p
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

G

I have been there and done this. It works for me and has for others.

BEFORE ALL ELSE. AT THE START....Share/Personal Computer/MPEG with preset HD 720p30, under the Advance Button....

Are you sure that you are setting

LEVEL = High

and

unlinking the Width Height spaces by clicking on the chain link to the right of the Width Height spaces

PROFILE remains at Main.

THEN

You go about setting your settings.1920 for Width, 1080 for Height, etc. as detailed previously

When you are at the point where you say that you cannot set the Width greater than 1440, what is the LEVEL set at?

I would not be pressing this if I were not "absolutely" sure it works.

Please give it another look.

Thanks.

ATR

• 7. Re: Exporting 1920x1080 30p
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Neale

G reported this for Premiere Elements 8.0 so I have been directing my responses to that version where I am absolutely sure that it works there as I described.

I also have Premiere Elements 7.0 installed on the same computer. I will go immediately and check that out first hand and report back in a flash.

ATR

• 8. Re: Exporting 1920x1080 30p
                        nealeh Level 5

Yep - it is there in PRE7. I didn't follow your instructions correctly (hangs head in shame )

Cheers,
                        --
                        Neale

• 9. Re: Exporting 1920x1080 30p
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Neale

In Premiere Elements 7.0 there is no icon to the right of Width Height to click to link or unlink the Width and Height.

But, once you proceed as I instructed by setting the LEVEL to High you are free to set Width = 1920 and Height 1080 pixels as well as the settings previous given.

I have been working through Share/Personal Computer/MPEG with the preset NTSC 720p30 and settings under the Advance Button. In advance of a possible further question, yes, I did try this with PAL 720p25 and that will allow you the 1920 x 1080 once the LEVEL = High.

I will be watching for further comments since I believe this to be an important export route, especially for the Premiere Elements 8.0.1 and 7.0 users with 1080p video.

Thanks for your help.

ATR

• 10. Re: Exporting 1920x1080 30p
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

G

I know that you have not had time to answer my last post in which I insisted that you can indeed set for higher than 1440 for Width, etc. But I just had to ask.

Is there any possibility that you did not scroll down the Video Tab options so that you could see the LEVEL choice and set it from Main to High?

To be continued...

ATR

• 11. Re: Exporting 1920x1080 30p
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

SG

It would appear that G had interpreted your comments on this thread to indicate that Share/Personal Computer/MPEG preset HD720p cannot be set for a resolution with a width greater than 1440 pixels. That is not true..positively. So, I would appreciate it if you would clarify this from your personal experience.

ATR

• 12. Re: Exporting 1920x1080 30p
                                Gonzchi Level 1

Thanks ATR !

Is there any possibility that you did not scroll down the Video Tab options so that you could see the LEVEL choice and set it from Main to High?

How dumb of me ... This is exactly what happened...sorry I never saw the Level thing because I did not scroll down.

It was set to high 1440 ..no wonder I could not go higher than that.

Thanks so much, I just gave it a try and it does work.  Do you know if it can also be made to work with MP4  ( H.264 video + AAC audio) ??

Thanks!

G

• 13. Re: Exporting 1920x1080 30p
                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

G

Thanks for looking further into all that. I think that I have a YES answer for your last question:

MP4 with ACC Sound

Take a look at:

Mobile Phones and Players

iPod and iPhone - High Quality

and then under the Advance Button, the answers are in similar settings as before

Under Video Tab

1. First order of business LEVEL = 5.0 and make sure that you have the link between Width and Height unlinked

2. Width = 1920; Height 1080; Frame Rate 29.97 fps; Profile = Baseline; Level = 5.0; pixel aspect ratio = square pixels.

With this choice Audio Tab shows ACC audio as a choice.

The settings can be set with no problem. I have not gotten too much input on the end product, so looking forward to your results.

ATR

1 person found this helpful
                                  • 14. Re: Exporting 1920x1080 30p
                                    Gonzchi Level 1

Thanx AT

Well, YES !!!!!  .. and no  ...  ;-)

We are amost there:  If I do all that, it works but the video looks heavily pixelated because the bit-rate target remains at 1 Mbps (max 1.4 Mbps) which might be good values for the lower resolution of an ipod.

So I tried doing everything you said and also changing the target bit-rate to 16 Mpbs and the max bit-rate to 22 Mbps.  It works OK, video looks pretty good !!!

We would have to do some investigation to determine a good compromise bitrate value for this codec at this resolutiom, but  in principle it works.

Now we end up with a strange situation... my HD MP4 preset is under the ipod category...go figure  :-)

Thanks very much AT for all your help. Much appreciated.

cheers
                                    Gonza

• 15. Re: Exporting 1920x1080 30p
                                      MassNerd Level 1

One question I have with Adobe is the effect of starting a new project and selecting one of those presets. There is no 1080p30. The only progressive project I can find is under HDV, 720p30. Does this have any effect on the rendering of the project? Will is still render 1080p video or will it down convert to 720p and then upconvert to 1080p as part of the final output (resulting in a loss of detail)?

• 16. Re: Exporting 1920x1080 30p
                                        the_wine_snob Level 9

PrE has limited built-in Project Presets. Some have written additional Presets, but a few users have had issues with them. Could be because of many different things.

Now, PrPro has had the Desktop Preset, where one could adjust the attributes of a Project/Sequence, to match the source footage. I am hoping that the Desktop Preset filters down to PrE 9. The next best thing would be a neat trick added to CS5, where one Imports their material, and then drags one of the files to the New Icon, and a proper Sequence is established, to match 100%. Of course, PrPro has Sequences, and through PrE 8, there has NOT been a Sequence, so much would need to change.

Just some thoughts,

Hunt

• 17. Re: Exporting 1920x1080 30p
                                          A.T. Romano Level 7

brianwrx

I am assuming that you have 1920 x 1080 with 30 progressive frames per second and your audio is 2 channel.

Consider the Premiere Elements project preset as what determines the template in the Edit Mode Monitor from which to edit. So, although Premiere Elements does not have a specific project preset for 1080p30, the one for 1080i30 will serve the purpose for setting up your 1920 x 1080 template in the Edit Mode Monitor (for all practical purposes frames i or p do not enter into this phase). DO NOT SET a NTSC HDV HDV 720p or PAL counterpart project preset!!!!!

The proof is in trying the following...if it works for you great, if not, you can file the suggestion...

Premiere Elements project preset (new project dialog) should = NTSC AVCHD Full HD1080i30 or its PAL counterpart depending on your location.

Do your editing from the template in the Edit Mode Monitor.

For export, Share/Personal Computer/MPEG with the preset for HDV720p, BUT under the Advanced Button setting should be:

Under Video Tab

Video Codec = MainConcept MPEG Video

Level = High (Important that you do this at onset to be able to set correct frame size)

Profile = Main

Frame Width = 1920 pixels and Frame Height = 1080 pixels

Frame Rate = 30 frames per second or 29.97 frames per second

Field Order = None (Progressive)

Aspect Ratio = Square Pixels (1.000)

I would leave bitrate as is for the first go round, and fine tune it later if necessary.

I think that you will get the 1080p30 results that you seek. Let us see.

Looking forward to your results.

ATR

• 18. Re: Exporting 1920x1080 30p
                                            nealeh Level 5

Tony, this is such a good step-by-step that maybe you should add it to Tips & Tricks ("How to export 1920x1080 30p"). Or ask Steve to put it into the FAQ ("How do I to export 1920x1080 30p?").

Cheers,
                                            --
                                            Neale

• 19. Re: Exporting 1920x1080 30p
                                              ganimate Level 1

Hi everyone!

I have the same issue but with AE cs6, is there a different procedure to follow so I can export mp4 1920x1080?

• 20. Re: Exporting 1920x1080 30p
                                                A.T. Romano Level 7

ganimate

I have never used Adobe After Effects (any version), so I do not know how to find a workaround in the program to export 1080p if it does not offer an obvious 1080p export setting for it.

Have you given the Affect Affects people in the Adobe After Effects Forum a try with your question?

After Effects

ATR