1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 1, 2010 5:27 PM by Peter Flynn (Adobe)

Offline Website - Local Files

Robert Simpkin

Hello,

I am currently doing a DiDA course for which I need to produce a promotional website. It will never be uploaded to the internet, just put on a memory stick and sent off to the moderators. One of the requirements is to have a link to download a Podcast I have made. In Dreamweaver this is easy, but in Flash Catalyst it doesn't seem it is. Does anyone have any idea as to how I could link to the podcast so that it plays/downloads it when clicked?

Thank You

Robert Simpkin

• 1. Re: Offline Website - Local Files
          Peter Flynn (Adobe) Adobe Employee

Hi Robert,

To simply play the podcast audio, you can create a simple action in Catalyst: create a button that plays an Action Sequence, then add a Sound Effect action, and link it to an .mp3 asset.  Or you can build a richer "podcast player" control using this imageless-video trick.

It will be a little trickier if you want a link that lets the user download/save the raw .mp3 file to a different location.  To do that, you will probably need to bring the project into Flash Builder and write a little bit of code.  We can give you a few pointers if you want to go that route.

- Peter