5 Replies Latest reply on May 25, 2010 12:14 PM by jeremy d.

High Speed Playback Issue In Monitor

NorthByNorthwest

Ok, I am new to Premier, and I laid a two minute sequence and when I playback it is in some high speed mode and plays back at 4x or higher speed. I have tried ot find the control to adjust it, but I cant.

Can anyone offer help?

Thanks in advance.

North

• 1. Re: High Speed Playback Issue In Monitor
          hpharley90 Level 1

Right click your clip in question in timeline and left click speed/duration.

Also your J and K  keys will play time line reverse and forward respectivsley at 2x, 4x and I think 6x over normal speed. and K key can stop CTI when  using the J and K key.

Also your space bar is your start and stop playing of timeline.

• 2. Re: High Speed Playback Issue In Monitor
            NorthByNorthwest Level 1

When I do that and unlock the window the % speed stays grayed out---can't make an adjustment to it.

?

• 3. Re: High Speed Playback Issue In Monitor
              NorthByNorthwest Level 1

Ok folks......I got this question answered by a buddy.....

If you import PSDs in to Premier as opposed to JPEGS you will not get real time playback---you get high speed and you cant do nuthin about it.......

North

PS Still cant figure out why my MP4 will only import the audio and not the video.

Any takers?

• 4. Re: High Speed Playback Issue In Monitor
                hpharley90 Level 1

Try this.

Window>Workspace>Editiing  then left click "reset current workspace"

Confirm there is no red line above timeline.

If there is a red line hit Enter key and render timline to turn green line to red.This probably won't make a difference but it won't hurt.

When done, again right clip your clip with speed change problem and then left click Speed/Duration.

And don't forget to click control+S to save changes.

• 5. Re: High Speed Playback Issue In Monitor
                  jeremy d. Level 3

That is incorrect. Something else is happening; editors use psd files  all the time. So do I.

How are you importing the psd  files -- individual layers, merged layers? What kind of footage are they  over on the timeline?

NorthByNorthwest wrote:

If you import PSDs in to Premier as opposed to JPEGS you will not get real time playback---you get high speed and you cant do nuthin about it.......

and:

NorthByNorthwest wrote:

When I do that and unlock the window the % speed stays grayed out---can't make an adjustment to it.

Stills do not have speed.