6 Replies Latest reply on May 26, 2010 2:21 PM by AttaBoy2

Compiling Single Large Flash Document - Movie unloaded (250 MB)

william.rena

Good day guys :-)

I want to ask if anybody here can help me to solve this issue regarding how to compile large flash document. This is my first time to work such big amount of data to publish in one file. We are using Adobe Flash CS4, AS3.0. Instead of loading multiple swf files we create one flash document and include all the assets in a single file as required to the game portal. They want the single file for them to be able to protect the file in their system. The game is already completed but we stuck in this issue as required in the game portal. We have read a lot of issues regarding this in Flash but still we can't find the solution.

We appreciate if anyone can give us an advise regarding the issue.

• 1. Re: Compiling Single Large Flash Document - Movie unloaded (250 MB)
          AttaBoy2 Level 4

Are you saying it won't publish?

• 2. Re: Compiling Single Large Flash Document - Movie unloaded (250 MB)
            william.rena Level 1

If I will Test the Movie (Control + Enter) there will be no swf file pop up. I also checked the directory and it seems no .swf file of the flash document published. It seems flash has a limit on how much file size allow to compile to generate the published swf file.

• 3. Re: Compiling Single Large Flash Document - Movie unloaded (250 MB)
              AttaBoy2 Level 4

Weather Flash has this limit or not it is bloated pile of binary.  There must be some way to put the pig on a diet.  Do you have a large quanity of assets such as graphics and audio that haven't been optimized?  Also I can't imaging why you would need to embed everything that seems a little crazy to me.  Did you write this?  You said it's complete but how do you know that if it won't run?

• 4. Re: Compiling Single Large Flash Document - Movie unloaded (250 MB)
                william.rena Level 1

In the casual game that we developed having 30plus (combination of different scene animations and games) the portal required us to create one file so that if we will upload the game their system can protect the file instead of having it multiple files. We don't have a choice, but to follow the suggestion of the game portal to be able protect the game from hackers.

If we compile the said large flash document there will be a White Screen of Death. There are time the swf will show but if you right-click the swf the display will be movie-unloaded. That means not all assets inside that flash document are all compiled or publish. There are instances also there will be no publish after I executed the control+enter. Is there a third party software that can compile single large amount of flash document? One thing for sure if we will lessen the file size, the compilation is completed (swf will be created and open in the flash application)

• 5. Re: Compiling Single Large Flash Document - Movie unloaded (250 MB)
                  nrajbhan Level 3

Hi,

Do you have the 10.0.2 update for Flash CS4 from 5/13/2009?  http://www.adobe.com/support/flash/downloads.html#flashCS4

The Adobe Flash CS4 Updater fixes the problem where extremely large Adobe Flash CS3/CS4 applications fail to compile. The JVM compiler within Flash authoring that is used to compile ActionScript 3.0 has a configurable maximum heap size that must be large enough to account for all the data that is being compiled. The default size in certain cases was not large enough which was causing the JVM to fail. If your project continues to fail to export with similar symptoms as described here, the JVM heap size may be modified manually as it is now stored in a registry key.

To edit the JVM maximum heap size in the registry:

*Windows

1. From the Start menu, choose Run and enter regedit. Click OK.

2. In the Registry Editor, navigate to the following folders in the registry tree:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Flash 10\ActionsInspector 3. Find the key in this folder called "JVM Max Heap Size".

4. Modify the value of this key to the desired heap size. If the value is set to 0, the value used will be 128mb. If the value is set to -1, no max heap value option will be set, and the JVM will determine a default size, which matches the original behavior before the updater fix.

*Macintosh

1. In Finder, navigate to the folder <your user name>/Library/Preferences/. Open the file "Flash CS4 Preferences" in a text editor.

2. Under the ActionsInspector tag, find the JVM_Max_Heap_Size tag. Modify its value, whose default is 128mb, to the desired heap size. If the value is set to 0, the value used will be 128mb. If the value is set to -1, no max heap value option will be set, and the JVM will determine a default size, which matches the original behavior before the updater fix.

HTH,

Nivesh

• 6. Re: Compiling Single Large Flash Document - Movie unloaded (250 MB)
                    AttaBoy2 Level 4

I don't know of any app that will compile jumbo swfs.  All I can suggest is to optimize your graphic and audio resources,  go back to the code and simplify until you have it working then you can try adding back the parts you took out 1 by 1 till it breaks again at least you'll have a better idea of whats going on.

I'd also look for excessive resources where you could just reuse a few things.