0 Replies Latest reply on Aug 13, 2007 9:58 AM by

.chm search doesn't search all merged projects

Sorry -- I should have posted this to the RoboHelp HTML forum instead.....and now that's it's been posted, I don't know how to move it.... :(

I'm using RoboHelp HTML X5.0.2, and I have one master project and 15 subordinate projects merged into it. I'm having problems getting the keyword search to work correctly in the compiled master .chm -- it doesn't return complete search results.

A few facts:

--When I generate a .chm for each subproject, I can successfully search for various keywords in each project -- the search functionality for the individual projects works correctly, returning a complete list of topics containing the keyword I've search for.

--When I generate the .chm for the master project, I have verified that the .chm contains all the subordinate projects and all of their topics -- all of the data that should be searched is included in the master .chm.

--When I attempt a keyword search from the master project, the search results contain only a partial list of topics that actually contain the keyword -- it seems as though the search functionality isn't actually searching all of the subprojects merged into the master project.

--I have checked the project settings and windows for all the projects and verified that they're configured in the same way -- the Search tab and Advanced Search are enabled for the primary project and all subprojects.

Any ideas what's going on?

Thanks in advance for your help.