2 Replies Latest reply on May 25, 2010 11:36 AM by kahill1919

How to move files out of folder in Files Panel?

kahill1919 Level 1

I have folders with files in them, and Yahoo Host does not like the files to be in the folders, so I have to move them out of the folders in the file panel and then delete the folder.  The only folder Yahoo will let me keep is the Images one.  Thanks.

• 1. Re: How to move files out of folder in Files Panel?
          bregent Most Valuable Participant

Use the file panel to cut/paste or drag and drop the files from their current location to the root folder. DW will prompt to recalculate the links and to update the pages.Then upload the changed pages.

But I don't understand why Yahoo hosting won't let you create folders? Is this some sort of special, or free, account?

• 2. Re: How to move files out of folder in Files Panel?
            kahill1919 Level 1

Thanks.  However there are no Cut or paste in the Files Panel.  No move either.  I checked Edit in the top menu, and Cut and Paste there are dimmed.  I selected the file and right-clicked.  No help. I also tried to drag and drop - no help either. 

So what I did was to use Windows, and to my surprise it worked.

My account with Yahoo is a paid account, and I am not sure why the folder did not work.  Only the Images folder was uploaded, and they would not upload any other folder.

Anyway the problem has been resolved, and I have learned my lesson - not to create any folders although it is very hard to look through that long long list of files.

Karen A Hill