5 Replies Latest reply on May 25, 2010 8:13 PM by the_wine_snob

Project Crash

fashfilms

I just installed premiere elements 8.  Whenever I try to open a new project it takes forever loading applications, and then when I finally get to the project interface it crashes and I can't do anything.  I'm pretty sure my computer meets all the system requirements.  Why are my projects crashing???

• 1. Re: Project Crash
          nealeh Level 5

Nowhere near enough information to work with. See Got a Problem? How to Get Started

Cheers,
          --
          Neale
          Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Project Crash
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Welcome to the forum.

I agree with Neale that we will need much more info to try and pinpoint the issue. It could be limited resources on your computer, your installation of PrE, or something else entirely.

Good luck, and we'll be looking for as much info as you can furnish.

Hunt

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Project Crash
              fashfilms Level 1

Sorry about that...

I have Windows XP Home Edition the 2002 version with Service Pack 3 on an Intel Pentium 2.67 GHz processor with 1.00 GB RAM.  We had it custom made about four years ago by NTi and I'm not sure about the video or audio cards.. but it's got Realtek High definition audio and plenty of hard disk space for the program.  That's all I got right now, sorry if it's not very helpful

• 4. Re: Project Crash
                Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Those are pretty low-end specs for this particular version of the program -- but you should be able to at least get it up and running editing non-hi-def video. (I would recommend a minimum of 2 gigs of RAM though. 4 gig would be even better.)

Assuming of course you've got adequate (at least 30 gigabytes) of free space on your hard drive and that it's freshly and regularly defragmented. (You'll need even more - lots more -- for your video files.)

Also, make sure you go to the Help menu as soon as you can and download the version 8.01 patch for the program. That will help stabilize it a bit.

If you can't get the program to open so that you can go to the Help menu, you can also use Acrobat Reader or any other Adobe program. Go to the Help menu and select Check for Updates. It will check for updates for all of your Adobe programs.

• 5. Re: Project Crash
                  the_wine_snob Level 9

I agree that the specs. are marginal, at best.

I also agree about the amount of free, defragmented space on the HDD, though I would add another 10GB, but that is just me.

Hunt