5 Replies Latest reply on May 26, 2010 7:42 AM by ~graffiti

I am having the same problem that Paul Birgy is having.  It was working fine until the update.

riceville

I am having the same problem that Paul Birgy is having.   I can send email from my program but now the reciever cannot read it.  Before the update my emails I sent from my program were readable by the reciever.

• 1. Re: I am having the same problem that Paul Birgy is having.  It was working fine until the update.
          ~graffiti Adobe Community Professional & MVP

If you're talking about this post (http://forums.adobe.com/thread/646444?tstart=0) it doesn't look at all the same.

Can you give us some more details? For starters, what do you mean by "email"? Reader isn't an email client.

So, if this has something to do with Reader, tell us step by step what you are doing, what software and versions you are using to do it, and what "exactly" happens when the people receive it on the other end ("cannot read" isn't much of an explanation).

• 2. Re: I am having the same problem that Paul Birgy is having.  It was working fine until the update.
            riceville Level 1

I email invoices from Peachtree Premium Accounting 2005.  It goes to Microsoft Office Outlook as PDF attachment.  When it get to the reciever they cannot open it.

• 3. Re: I am having the same problem that Paul Birgy is having.  It was working fine until the update.

Sounds like either

A. Something in your accounting  software is corrupting the file or;

B. Something in  your email is corrupting the file (some email providors use compression  to make the transfer faster which can mess up a PDF).

What  hapens when they try and open it? Do they get an error message? If so,  what is it (this matters)?

At any rate, it's doubtful  that this is a Reader issue but give us some more detail and maybe  someone can help here.

• 4. Re: I am having the same problem that Paul Birgy is having.  It was working fine until the update.
                riceville Level 1

I send out invoices from Peachtree Premium Accounting 2005.  I click on the email icon on top of page and it goes to Microsoft office outlook 2007.  It shows as an attachment and in the message it tells the receiver they need adobe reader installed in their computer to read it.   It was all working fine until the last update for adobe reader. 

Now they get error message.   Adobe Reader could not open "Invoice #106.PDF" because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example it was sent as an email attachment and wasn't correctly decoded.)

This started March 3, 2010.  Since then I have been faxing out of the Peachtree program. That still works fine. 

This problem seemed to start right after one of the updates.  I was told to try and reinstall Adobe Reader.  I have tried that twice and still have the same problem. 

To the best of my knowledge I have not had any problems with Peachtree. 

Cathy

Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 14:40:25 -0600

To: cj1mammy@msn.com

Subject: I am having the same problem that Paul Birgy is having.  It was working fine until the update.

Sounds like either

A. Something in your accounting  software is corrupting the file or;

B. Something in  your email is corrupting the file (some email providors use compression  to make the transfer faster which can mess up a PDF).

What  hapens when they try and open it? Do they get an error message? If so,  what is it (this matters)?

At any rate, it's doubtful  that this is a Reader issue but give us some more detail and maybe  someone can help here.

>

• 5. Re: I am having the same problem that Paul Birgy is having.  It was working fine until the update.

Adobe Reader doesn't have anything to do with the PDF creation process so unless every single person that you are sending invoices to has updated to that particular version (which is highly doubtful) then it isn't connected to the problem.

Instead of clicking on the email icon in Peachtree, can you save the PDF to your desktop? If so, try that then try manually attaching it to an email to see if it clears up. If that doesn't work, then you can try doing the same thing but Zipping the file first before attaching it to an email.

If that works, it's got something to do with either Office Outlook or your email providor.

It was all working fine until the last update for adobe reader.