1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 7, 2010 3:13 PM by Todd_Kopriva RSS

cs5 capture error \src\timecode.cpp-995

the dark baron

I've been seeing this error around for a while with no solutions it seems, I'm hoping I just missed something obvious:

Whenever I try to capture footage in any project the capture window freezes and premiere says

Premiere Pro debug event

Premiere pro has encountered an error

then crashes. When I say try to capture I mean even opening the capture window causes this.

A Little while ago I captured an hdv project no problem. time passes, no changes to software or system, and I attempt to capture DV from my Gl2 through firewire by going to File>capture. the window begins to open but is blank and I get the above error and crash. This happens whether or not I have the camera on or off, or the cable not plugged in at all.  I Can't even get to the point where it says It cant find the camera. This is happening no matter what format I create a new project in.

I've tried reinstalling, getting rid of background processes, turning capture device control on and off.

OnLocation's capture works just fine so luckily I can still work.

I'm running Windows 7 pro x64

intel i7 975, 4gb ram, nvidia gtx 280m

I know theres more info im supposed to provide. I found a list somewhere in the help and support area by mistake earlier and now I can't find it again, sorry.