• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing a movie into Captivate

Participant ,
May 25, 2010 May 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to import a movie into Captivate. I've tried .avi and .swf....flv works great, but the finished .swf file will be placed into an LMS shell, so I won't be able to reference the external .flv file.

The .avi file, when published in Captivate to a .swf, is choppy and the audio is off. I tried changing the frame rate, but it didn't help.

When I converted the .avi to a .swf file, placed it into Captivate and published it, the resulting .swf opened for a couple of seconds then crashed, or closed, or whatever. I just get a blank screen for a couple of seconds, then nothing.

Please advise re: the best movie format to place into Captivate. I can convert the .avi to any format.

Thanks, mp

TOPICS
Import export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2010 Oct 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This question has been posted several times and I guess Adobe support people choose not to answer or don't know the answer...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 26, 2010 Oct 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

itsmecathy wrote:

This question has been posted several times and I guess Adobe support people choose not to answer or don't know the answer...

Well, for starters, Adobe Support people don't lurk in the forums waiting for issues to resolve.

What you mostly have here are users helping other users. Now we do notice that members of the Adobe Captivate Development team have been frequently posting here since version 5 has been released. While I heartily applaud that move and agree that it will only help the product over the long haul, we shouldn't count on it because Adobe says right up front that the forums are User to User and not an officially sanctioned support channel.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Begin learning Captivate 5 moments from now! $29.95

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcererStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources