2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 29, 2007 2:13 AM by at_play

How to respond to mouse over link inside textarea component?

dhdh25
      I want to respond to the content of a link inside htmlText propery of textarea, when the user move the mouse over the link, without clicking on it. is there a simple way to do so with flex?
        • 1. Re: How to respond to mouse over link inside textarea component?
          at_play Level 1
          I am also looking for a way to make this work.

Any help will be appreciated, thank you.
          • 2. How to respond to mouse over link inside textarea component?
            at_play Level 1
            I found a solution to this.
            http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/webforums/forum/messageview.cfm?forumid=60&catid=582&threadid =1325639&enterthread=y

What you do is use

itemRollOver and the event.itemRenderer.data.name together.

I used it so when I roll over an item in the dataGrid it changes the text area I have in my application with the description of the current rolled over item. When I mouse over another entry then the description changes to that description and on and on.

Here is the full code I used.

itemRollOver="NAME_OF_TEXT_AREA.text = event.itemRenderer.data.description"

you would change the description to whatever the field is you want, such as name, author, temp, books or whatever the data is.

I am actually bringing in data on videos from a database. XML is created from the database using the XML plugin from Dreamweaver Developer ToolBox. A PHP file is used to output the desired table information then it is brought into Flex 2 application and the data is propigated into the Data Grid I have setup. The Text Area is updated with the description of the video both when one is selected but also, now, when any of the items in the list are moused over, or rolled over.

It works great. You can easily change this to work for your app or at least give you a direction to go if it isn't exactly what you need.

I have been trying to get this to work for a couple days now, just found my solution and wanted to come post to let others know about it.