2 Replies Latest reply on May 26, 2010 8:27 AM by Randy Edmunds

JQuery widgets not working in CS3

Paevo Kelley Level 2

I have been using the widget browser to download JQuery widgets. As I cannot insert them in DW CS3, I am simply copying the folder into the root along with the html page displaying the browser. For some reason I lose the styling and JS when I open the page in DW, even though the page works fine when opened in the folder I initially downloaded to. What am I missing here?

• 1. Re: JQuery widgets not working in CS3
          Randy Edmunds Adobe Employee

I have been using the widget browser to download JQuery widgets. As I cannot insert them in DW CS3, I am simply copying the folder into the root along with the html page displaying the browser. For some reason I lose the styling and JS when I open the page in DW, even though the page works fine when opened in the folder I initially downloaded to. What am I missing here?

I don't know which widgets you're try to view in DW, but the Design View does not execute JavaScript, so you probably won't be able to see most jQuery widgets in CS3. You can see the Spry widgets in CS3 due to Translators which were written for exactly that purpose.

Starting with DW CS4, you can view them in Live View, which does execute JavaScript.

Hope this helps,

Randy

• 2. Re: JQuery widgets not working in CS3
            Paevo Kelley Level 2

Thanks Randy; that's what the problem was. Otherwise, everything works fine in the browser. I just can't be bothered to "upgrade" (i.e., plunk down major $$$ for more bells and whistles) at the moment...