2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 17, 2007 2:52 PM by shegolfs

MySQL FTP connection denied

shegolfs
      Hello all,

I have a form with information to be placed in a data base. Everything works on my local machine with Apache server, PHP and MySQL database. My problem is I can't get a connection to the database in the production server. I receive the message "Access denied for user 'apache'@'localhost' (using password: NO)" when the form is submitting . When I set the production server as the testing server and try to make a MySQL Connection from Application -> Databases I receive 'Access Denied'. I know the information I am using is good because I can make a connection through the MySQL Administrator.

I do not have access to the root area of the site. Is this the problem? Should I have the hosting service upload the Connections and the _mmscripts folders into the root area? I have read conflicting information about needing the _mmscripts folder.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks,

Carol Davenport
        • 1. Re: MySQL FTP connection denied
          Level 7
          shegolfs wrote:
          > can't get a connection to the database in the production server. I receive the
          > message "Access denied for user 'apache'@'localhost' (using password: NO)" when
          > the form is submitting .

Judging from your later comments, that's because the script isn't using
          the file in the Connections folder.

> I do not have access to the root area of the site. Is this the problem? Should
          > I have the hosting service upload the Connections and the _mmscripts folders
          > into the root area?

You need the _mmServerScripts folder only if you are using the remote
          server as a testing server. However, you do the Connections folder,
          which should normally be in the site root. However, it doesn't really
          matter where it is, as long as the script can find it. You could even
          copy and paste the contents of the connection file into the top of your
          PHP script. All it contains are the hostname, username, and password
          needed to connect to the database.

--
          David Powers, Adobe Community Expert
          Author, "The Essential Guide to Dreamweaver CS3" (friends of ED)
          Author, "PHP Solutions" (friends of ED)
          http://foundationphp.com/
          • 2. Re: MySQL FTP connection denied
            shegolfs Level 1
            David,

Thank you for your timely reply. I had tried directing the page to the Connections folder but for some reason it just wouldn't accept the information. I initially moved the connection information onto the form page and ultimately moved it to the page action script and everything seems to be working.

Really appreciate your sharing your knowledge.

Best regards,
            Carol Davenport