1 Reply Latest reply on May 26, 2010 12:53 PM by Abram Adams

Unhandled event loop exception java.lang.StackOverflowError

Abram Adams

Since updating to CFB update 1 I have been getting frequent "Unhandled event loop exception java.lang.StackOverflowError" errors when trying to copy/paste text.  It only happens (so far) when I use CTL+C to copy, but once it does happens I have to restart CFB to work.  I've tried with syntax checking on and off, same effect.  It doesn't happen every time, but it happens enough that I can reproduce it every few minutes.

I'm running CFB as a plugin inside of FB4 running on Windows 7 Pro 64bit.  This just started happening since the update.

• 1. Re: Unhandled event loop exception java.lang.StackOverflowError
          Abram Adams Level 1

Update: Though it is odd that I didn't get the error until applying the update (and the update specifically fixes this issue), it seems to be gone now.  Being that I have installed CFB inside of FB as a plugin I launched FB with the "-clean" parameter.  Since then I have not seen the error.

The release notes explain:

(For plug-in Installation) Start ColdFusion Builder using the following command:           
               eclipse –clean

However, perhpas this should also explain the need to run FlashBuilder.exe with the -clean option if installed as a plugin to FB.  For dummies like me this would be helpful