I suspect there is a setup problem somewhere.
Run the PPBM4 Benchmark and send your results to Bill, and possibly to me as well by PM. That will show if there are any problems with your setup and how well tuned your system is in relation to other systems.
THank you for sending this.
I followed the benchmark directions, and I get an error at the final step
when I run the script:
Error: path not found
I tried for an hour different things, namely to re run the whole test
procedure, deleting the output files, etc... he script is looking for
something in the preview files that it is not finding. I think the procedure
was written for a previous version, because the metadata settings are
different in my version of AME, and I don't know how much that affects it.
Also, AME increments the file names when it renders them so that I did not
get the right output file names at the first render. I had to turn off
incrementing and manually name each clip before rendering. The vb scricpt
looks for these names, so I understand it is important. I can't figure out,
however, what the script is looking for in the preview folder and not
After spending almost two hours trying to troubleshoot the script, I gave
up. I can tell you tho that it takes about 6-7 minutes on my box to encode
all the videos.
Delete all the benchmark??.AVI / M2V / XMP and XMPSES files from the PPBM directory. Then navigate to the Adobe Premiere Pro Preview Files\Benchmark.PRV directory, press CTRL+A to select all files and press SHIFT+DEL to delete them all.
The open PR, skip previews, and render the timeline. Close PR and start AME and contruct the queue. Pay attention to the file names, each range should start with Benchmark.AVI or Benchmark.M2V and continue to Benchmark_10.AVI and Benchmark_10.M2V. Before starting the queue, make sure that you have the settings correct, use previews for AVI only, and no previews for the M2V files.
After finshing, navigate to the PPBM folder, select Copy address and on the first two questions in Statistics.vbs, use Paste to copy the address, then fill in the rest of the questions.
I followed your steps and see what I did wrong the first time, I was
pointing the preview results to the wrong directory.
Here is the output file, I also sent it to ppbm as you instructed. Thank you
very much for your guidance.