2 Replies Latest reply on May 27, 2010 6:55 AM by the_wine_snob

Error question element8

Pre user6

I finished my vedio settings and all the things

and then I kicked the Disc of Share...

however it was making the disc file...

everything was okay but until lastly it showed the "device error - the target device isn't suitable for use"

why did it happen and how can I solve it?

Please someone that can help me... Thanks

• 1. Re: Error question element8
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

The FAQs to the right of this forum offer troubleshooting steps for DVD burns.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/415318?tstart=0

If you provide us, in detail, your results for each troubleshooting step, we may be able to help you come up with a solution or workaround.

• 2. Re: Error question element8
            the_wine_snob Level 9

Along with the linked FAQ entry, that Steve provided, this ARTICLE might give you some tips on getting the best burn. For some tips on disc brand choice and playability (can also greatly affect the burning), this ARTICLE will help. I also recommend that one turn OFF all Energy Management, Screen Savers, and even active Anti-Virus and Spyware Sweepers, as they can affect the computer's access to the burner and the blank disc.

There are three things that happen, when one chooses to burn a disc:

1.) the Timeline is Transcoded to MPEG-2 for the DVD construction. This is a two-pass process (100% is equal to two passes of the Timeline to get the best Transcoding possible).

2.) the structure of the DVD (VIDEO_TS folder and the IFO, BUP and VOB files) is created.

3.) then the physical Burn is started. This is the last and really the shortest part of the entire process.

Good luck,

Hunt