3 Replies Latest reply on May 28, 2010 3:00 AM by Harm Millaard

Automated prproj enqueue in media encoder?

Sebas0816

I am using CS4 and would like to take an existing Premiere Pro prproj file and enqueue this in an automated way into media encoder. Means not via the ME dialog or drag and drop. I tried the watchfolder but dropping a prproj file into there doesn't trigger any action. Also there seems no command line option like for the flash encoder or as I know it from the Apple Compressor. Is there a way to automate this? I would expect that all sequences of the project then would get rendered, being able to specify a specific one would even be better.

Thanks for any advise

Sebastian

• 1. Re: Automated prproj enqueue in media encoder?
          Harm Millaard Level 7

For CS4 you may have to do the same, but in CS5 when  you create the queue in AME, you can save the complete queue using  "File/Save Queue" in:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe  Media Encoder\5.0\batch.xml

So for CS4 it would be:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Media  Encoder\4.0\batch.xml

One caveat: The file names may be incremented, depending on what files are found on your disk.

Second caveat: You can't copy a CS5 batch file to the CS4 directory. It will give an error.

• 2. Re: Automated prproj enqueue in media encoder?
            Sebas0816 Level 1

Not sure I got it. You mean that I can create my own batch.xml file, put it into the "Application Data\......" folder and then launch Media Encoder to process it? This would work I guess, at least once. What I would really like to do is the following:

- work with PrPro on a proxy resolution (lets assume offsite editing with branded content)

- get the project file and translate the proxy references to highres references

- have this project batch rendered on a machine that has access to the highres content

Thanks

Sebastian

• 3. Re: Automated prproj enqueue in media encoder?
              Harm Millaard Level 7

As long as the second machine, B with the high rez sources has the exact same project files, media cache files and media cache database and the same drive letters and directory structure and clip names, you can transfer your project from A to B.

Once that is done, copy the Batch.xml from A to B as well. That should do it.