2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 3, 2010 10:40 AM by sdryer

"access unnamed file" error; search tab not working on Citrix

sdryer

Hi folks,

We have a WebHelp project and a WinHelp version of the same project, generated in RoboHelp 8 and we're having some weird problems with it.

Problem 1: When the WinHelp project is viewed via a Citrix server, the full text search tab comes up blank gray. When the project is run locally it works fine. Anyone had experience with this or have any idea what it would take to solve it?

Problem 2: When you select one particular menu item from the app (others work), it does not launch the help. Instead you get the following error:winhelp_2000_errormst.jpg

Release of product is imminent. Gloom abounds. Has anyone seen this before? Can you help? Thanks.-Sandy

• 1. Re: "access unnamed file" error; search tab not working on Citrix
          RoboColum(n) Level 5

Hi Sandy.

I'm not sure I can help with your specifc error but I can offer some observations. WinHelp was never designed to be viewed over a Citrix (or any other) server. It is really only supposed to be run locally. Also as WinHelp is a dying art form these days it is unlikely many people on this forum will be able to help, not least because of the way you are using the help.

Personally I'd advise you against using WinHelp except when it is locally based. I appreciate that this causes you untold difficulty if you are about to release, but that is the way it is.

• Read the RoboColum(n) for a tips, tricks and musings on the Technical Communication Suite products.
          • Follow the RoboColum(n) on Twitter
          • 2. Re: "access unnamed file" error; search tab not working on Citrix
            sdryer Level 1

Hi Colm,

We were leaning toward the conclusion that it was an unresolvable Citrix

issue, so in this case it's just a relief to have that confirmed by an

outside source. Thanks for getting back to me - Sandy