Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe flash + firefox + youtube, problem

New Here ,
May 27, 2010 May 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

im having an annoying time with flasand youtube not playing in firefox...

as soon as i start the clp in the new youtube format, 2-5 seconds into the clip, it stops playing...no way to get it to stream anymore...

the annoyng things is that it doesnt work in internet explorer either, but it works in opera just fine!

i have tried reinstalling both firefox and adobe flash, but no change...youtube still doesnt play in firefox...

any ideas, help pls!

tnx

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
May 27, 2010 May 27, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, please post back the following:

1. Operating System

2. 32bit or 64bit System

3. Version of IE

4. Version of Firefox

5. Other browsers used

6. Any messages from Youtube

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2010 May 28, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the reply, details are bellow :

Hi, please post back the  following:

1. Operating System  WinXp SP2

2. 32bit or 64bit System standard 32

3. Version of IE  7.0.5730

4. Version of Firefox 3.6.3

5. Other browsers used Opera, Chrome

6. Any messages from Youtube  none

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi hh, thanks. Using IE, go to Tools and click on manage add ons. Check both currently loaded and have been used. Find Shockwave Flash Object..ActiveX Control...Flash10e.ocx, make sure that is listed and Enabled.

Using FF, go to all plug-ins and find SWF vs 10.0.45.2 and make sure it is listed and Enabled.

Those are the needed controls that work with your Flash files. Let me know.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks, but ive already checked that, and they are enabled, flash works, but only for a few seconds, and then the stream stops completely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Are the add ons version 10.0.45.2? (the IE & FF) You can go to C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash  Right

click on Flash and Open. Post back all of the files listed. The ones NPSWF will need a right click and then click on Properties to obtain the version numbers.

Do you use an pop up blocker software or do you have adblock in FF?

There could be several causes but let's confirm that the correct Flash files are installed.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help.

yes, its the latest version, the one yo mentioned, i reinstalled it 2 days ago.

Message was edited by: hh8766 i have adblock plus in FF, but its disabled on d youtube page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks, I would leave adblock disabled until the problem is resolved. I needed to know what Flash files are Installed since if they are not correct, then even tho the add ons are, there is a conflict. (lack of communication with the Controls and the Flash files)

In addition, you could check in Add/Remove and see if there is a DLM(download manager) listed and or getplus?

In the IE add ons, is any get_atlcom Class listed?

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

her

ff.jpg

i have the adobe download manager installed , but i also needed to manualy drag and drop the gp.xpi file to my FF add ons, since i could not install the adobe flash player via the adobe website  (said i needed to install this plugin).

As for IE, as i am never using it, lets just focus on FF now, i dont need IE.

Many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the screenshot. The Flash files for FF has the FlashUtil10a.exe and you need to right click on it and Remove or Delete that. This is a very old version of Flash Player and should have been removed when you used the Uninstaller.

As you can see you have the NPSWF32_FlashUtil.exe which shows in your screen shot is the correct version of 10.0.45.2. So their is a conflict as the Control is using the old one.

The FlashPlayer Trust is also old, I see it once in a while, but it is not needed either. Those users that have Removed it have had no ill affect. However, if you prefer to leave it, and after we clean up the other Files and still you are having problems, you can go back in and remove it.

The usual Flash Files for Firefox are: Flash.xpt, NPSWF32.dll, NPSWF32_FlashUtil.exe(current version), the install.log and the Uninstall_plug in.exe. Any other files are either old and conflict.

Now the last time I checked Mozilla/Firefox, they require that the DLM/getplus etc be used to Install. They are not needed to Install FP but Firefox requires it, so fine. However, the DLM/getplus/NOS, get_atlcom Class cause problems.

The DLM is a downloader and after downloading is supposed to disconnect, but many times do not. After you Remove/Delete that old Flash file mentioned above, we'll clean up the DLM, et al.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey, thanks for the help!

i couldn tdelete the old flash exe file, it said its disk protected, but i chnged its name into sth random, and now youtube appears to be working!

ill check some more clips and let u know if the problem repeats! thanks again so much!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, well that sounds good. Now you know why I needed to see the Flash files:-)

Just a  FYI, Since you have XP/SP2, Microsoft will drop support for all XP OS that do not have the SP3 before or by 7/13/10.  Be sure to read up on what you need to do prior to downloading and installing the Service Pack 3. It is a very large file.

One other important note, since you have IE7, DON'T upgrade to IE8 before installing the SP3. This is because if you don't happen to like IE8 you can uninstall it and it will automatically revert back to IE7. HOWEVER if you upgrade to SP3 and THEN upgrade to IE8, you must Uninstall SP3 FIRST before going back to IE7. And that will make you think Flash Player is a piece of cake:-)

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines