9 Replies Latest reply on May 27, 2010 8:38 PM by buck-w

Bug Fixes in CS5

buck-w

Does anyone know where a list of CS5 bug fixes are?  The new features sound nice, but I'm very interested in finding out if the things I experienced in CS4 that did not work are resolved.  I had DV-AVI files from a client that were layered along with a few graphic layers that were all PDF files that keyed over the video layers.  When I tried to preview the final project prior to writing to tape, the result was messed up.  The watermark client logo in the corner would flash from it's semi-transparancy to full opaque and off during cross dissolves between video layers below (in a few places).  Funny thing is it would play decent directly on the timeline, but that problem, and a few other issues, appear in the rendered version.  I have the Matox Mini02 and this was a Matrox NTSC 480 sequence.  At any rate, I cannot find a list of bug fixes anywhere.  Know whre one is?  Thanks.

• 1. Re: Bug Fixes in CS5
          shooternz Level 6

The issues you mention above are likely to be Matrox related.

May also be related to how you did the layers within your workflow.

They are not likely to be  bugs because no one else reported them as an issue (and I certainly can easily do what you did , no problem)

What were the other "bugs" you experienced?  (Seems like you have a list of them that are of concern to you)

BTW: Why dont you trial CS5?

• 2. Re: Bug Fixes in CS5
            buck-w Level 1

Thanks.

It's been a few months since I did the job and I forget the other problems.  I will be going to CS5.  If what you suspect is true, I assume I can create a non-Matrox sequence in that project, copy and paste the entire Matrox sequence to the non-Matrox one and then that problem goes away?  Would be revealing.

• 3. Re: Bug Fixes in CS5
              shooternz Level 6

Possibly not.

Matrox uses their own standard of "fields order".  and this can trip up a project.

• 4. Re: Bug Fixes in CS5
                dradeke Adobe Employee

Ah, but Matrox has released their codecs for free download on the PC so you can use them without hardware.

Dennis

shooternz wrote:

Possibly not.

Matrox uses their own standard of "fields order".  and this can trip up a project.

• 5. Re: Bug Fixes in CS5
                  shooternz Level 6

Ah Dennis...

I was trying to sell him up to CS5 (sans Matrox) ...and you dropped the ball on me

• 6. Re: Bug Fixes in CS5
                    dradeke Adobe Employee

shooternz wrote:

Ah Dennis...

I was trying to sell him up to CS5 (sans Matrox) ...and you dropped the ball on me

Hey thanks.

I think the community of creatives have really embraced CS5 as a whole and its doing really well. We could always use one more though...

Matrox is still a valued partner and I was noodling today with their CS5 compatible MXO2 solution where they accelerate some more effects.  If you're just looking for performance though, the idea that you NEED hardware is probably a thing of the past.  Many users are pretty blown away with what they're getting out of a well-equipped CS5 system.

All around, its good news for users and the creative community.

Dennis

• 7. Re: Bug Fixes in CS5
                      buck-w Level 1

Preachin' to the choir.  I'm already using the Adobe CS4 Master Suite, so I'm not going anywhere.  Just haven't pulled the trigger yet on CS5.  Clients are slow to pay their bills.  Also, on June 1st an Adobe rep will be showing PPro CS5 here in Houston, so I can bug him directly.  But I leave for a job on the 6th, so I wanted to work out some issues now.

Thanks.  Later...  

• 8. Re: Bug Fixes in CS5
                        dradeke Adobe Employee

buck-w wrote:

Also, on June 1st an Adobe rep will be showing PPro CS5 here in Houston, so I can bug him directly. 

That'll be Dave - he's great and you'll have a good time with Microsearch.

• 9. Re: Bug Fixes in CS5
                          buck-w Level 1

The hardware was for I/O and production monitor output, not performance.  I was getting stunning performance without it.  The MAX H.264 acceleration is very nice, but so far does not get used much as clients eschew codecs that aren't ubiquitous.