0 Replies Latest reply on May 27, 2010 9:17 PM by bjernigan522

Accessing text fields within an Accordion - NavigatorContent... Error: 1119

bjernigan522

I'm building this Adobe AIR project and what I had originally was a simple set of text fields that when a user input text and clicked "Copy to Clipboard" it would organize all the data and set it to their clipboard.

Here is the code for that:

protected function button1_clickHandler(event:MouseEvent):void
              {

import flash.desktop.Clipboard;
                  import flash.desktop.ClipboardFormats;

var a:String = "Name: " + customername.text;
                  var b:String = "Phone Number: " + phonenumber.text;
                  var c:String = "Issue: " + issue.text;
                  var d:String = "Symptoms: " + symptoms.text;
                  var e:String = "ST Approved By: " + stapprovedby.text;
                  var f:String = "Troubleshooting Notes: " + troubleshootingnotes.text;
                  var g:String = a + "\n" + b + "\n" + "\n" + c + "\n" + "\n" + d + "\n" + "\n" + "\n" + f + "\n" + "\n" + "\n" + e;
                  Clipboard.generalClipboard.clear();
                  Clipboard.generalClipboard.setData(ClipboardFormats.TEXT_FORMAT, g);
              }

Well now I wanted to make the note section more detailed so I decided to use an Accordion style navigator to hold all of the text fields. When I do this I get the following error:

1119: Access of possibly undefined property text through a reference with static type spark.components:NavigatorContent.

Obviously the simple "textfield.text" is not enough from what I can tell. I just don't know where to go from here. FYI - not very experienced in AS3 or Flex.