Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to bind data from custom flex component in Form Guides

Level 4

Guys, I have a requirment in which a data grid with some coulmn being static(prefiled data) and some colum being dynamic where in the user can input data is present, I need the data binding between the dynamic columns of the datagrid to a data model property. I don't know how to bind the field. The bellow image shows how the data grid will be.

dynamic binding.JPG

Kindly help me on how to resolve the issue also. If you require more input in understading the problem, kindly write me back.

The data grid this in the above image is not a standard component of the Form Guides, its a custom component developed in Flex, derived from Layout Template of the ga.module package.

Please help me

5 Replies

Former Community Member

I am not sure but I think you woudl need some sort of a repeater structure to do this. The repeater represents repeating data structures in the xml and each row would represent a repeating section as opposed to a single column.

Hope that helps

Paul

Level 4

Paul, thanks for the idea, but there are controls and containers in flex, I hope datagrid in flex is a container and it does not have a text of value property. any item in the datamodel in form guide can be binded to only a control with text or value property. so is there a way on how to bind a datamodel property to a text field in a datagrid, as the data grid has a set of columns with text input as the control.

if you have any questions on my above explanation, plz write back, looking forward to your suggetions.

Former Community Member

I believe that the repeater panel uses a data grid in it. You may want to look at the source of that panel to see how they did it.

Paul

Level 4

Hi Paul,

The dcruntime_library.swc file that i have imported in flex builder has the Repeater Panel code in a file with .abc extension. I am not able to open these files in flex builder as it says "The source code is not avilable". Let me google to get the source code, mean while if you have a URL link that has the source code, Plz share.

Thank you buddy

Ashok Deivasigamani

Former Community Member

The source is shipped in the LiveCycle SDK. In your Livecycle install, under a folder structure similar tho this:

C:\Adobe\Adobe LiveCycle ES2\LiveCycle_ES_SDK\misc\Guides\code\src

Paul