4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 1, 2010 12:35 PM by Sam Sonnite

Dir 11.5 flv h263/mp3 import

Sam Sonnite

Hello,

When I import (Dir 11.5) a flv encoded in h263 and mp3, the member is "empty", duration = 0, no sound, no video.

The  #type= #flv is ok.

• 1. Re: Dir 11.5 flv h263/mp3 import
          Sean_Wilson Adobe Community Professional

Can you post an example file somewhere?

Do you mean H263 or H264?

What if you link it as in the solution to your previous thread as opposed to importing it?

• 2. Re: Dir 11.5 flv h263/mp3 import
            Sam Sonnite Level 1

> Can you post an example file somewhere?

http://dl.free.fr/rFuhDgj4C/video.flv

> Do you mean H263 or H264?

H263-FLV1 and MP3 for sound.

(No problem with VP6/MP3.)

> What if you link it as in the solution to your previous thread as opposed to importing it?

Don't work. "Empty" cast member, but with #flv type, duration = 0, no sound, no video.

• 3. Re: Dir 11.5 flv h263/mp3 import
              Sean_Wilson Adobe Community Professional

I agree - it doesn't work no matter how you import it. Why not then use VP6 or some other CODEC that does work?

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Dir 11.5 flv h263/mp3 import
                Sam Sonnite Level 1

Because :

* I use ffmpeg in command line (Buddy Api) and it seems that using VP6 is not clearly legal with it.

* I use an activeX to encode in real time (webcam source) with ffdshow as codec (same restriction as ffmpeg).

* It's impossible (?) with ffmpeg to make f4v or mp4 compatible with "pseudostreaming/progressive download" in a flash player due to the location of the moov atom metadata. I have to test MP4Box or qt-faststart for relocating the moov box.

* It seems that now it is not recommended to use h264 into flv and anyway an h264 flv is not playable in Dir 11.5 (same symptom as h263 flv).

My goal is to encode in local (kiosk mode, no red5, no fms) a playable video by Director and by an online flash player in pseudostreaming.

I would have preferred not to use a swf module in Director to play my videos (It is why I use Dir 11.5).

Thanks for your attention and sorry for my english.