4 Replies Latest reply on May 31, 2010 9:22 AM by livse31

Using textboxes and Radio Buttons

livse31 Level 1

Hello!

I have been trying to do a small director aplication where the user writes down his name on a textbox and selects his sex between two radio buttons options (female or male). These information apears inside a text on another screen. I have been trying desperatly to arrange the code to make this work but i haven´t been successfull.  Could any of you from the Director community help me with this giving me an ideia of how to solve this?

Thank you very much!!!!

Philippa

• 1. Re: Using textboxes and Radio Buttons
          Sean_Wilson Adobe Community Professional

What member types are the textbox and radio buttons? What have you tried already? How does your user navigate away from the input/selection screen?

• 2. Re: Using textboxes and Radio Buttons
            livse31 Level 1

Hello,

Thank you so much for trying to help me. I have been using the Macromedia Director MX 2004. The members i am using for the textinput box and radio buttons are flash components and to pass the information to the second frame of the movie i am using a submit button (another flash component) just to navigate to frame number 2 where the information put on the name textinput box (the user name) and the gender selected on the radio buttons should appear on a text format. I wasn´t able yet to figure it out the code i should use on the textinput and radio buttons to make sure the information would pass to the other screen where it has to appear on a text format. I hope i was able to give you a more clear image of what i am trying to reach.

Once again, Thank you for your answer!

Philippa

• 3. Re: Using textboxes and Radio Buttons
              Sean_Wilson Adobe Community Professional

I have uploaded a file that demonstrates what you're trying to do - feel free to use all or part of it. Sorry, but I didn't take the time to comment the code for you - if you have any questions then please ask

• 4. Re: Using textboxes and Radio Buttons
                livse31 Level 1

Hello Sean!!!

Thank you so ..so much for your help!!!!!!!!!!!!! You really helped me to solve this tricky problem!!

Once again!!! Thank you so ..so much!!!!

:-)

Philippa