2 Replies Latest reply on May 29, 2010 7:26 AM by Steve Grisetti

No audio using WinDV

N9JCR Level 2

I have a new camera, a Canon HV40, and I have discovered that sometimes when using WinDV to capture, there is no audio.  No changes in settings from when it works to when it doesn't but it doesn't work more often than it does.  However it always works when I used my older Panasonic camera.  I also tried doing the captuire using PrEl and it works fine so I know the cable and port are OK (didn't even disconnect when switching between programs).   The only difference is the camera.  WinDV is set to capture Type 2 AVI.

Anyone run into this before?  This is using Windows 7 (64 bit) and the camera is new so I don't have anything older than Windows 7 to test with.  I can certainly go back to capturing in PrEl, however I've come to trust WinDV whereas at least on my old PC PrEl dropped frames fairly regularly.

Thanks!

Bob

• 1. Re: No audio using WinDV
          the_wine_snob Level 9

I do not know WinDV, though it gets a lot of good recommendations. I use either SceneAlyzer Live, or PrPro for my Captures.

Now, what is the Audio setting on your new camera? Does it do DD 5.1 SS, or perhaps 12-bit WAV @ 32KHz?

Could be something in the camera's settings getting in the way.

Good luck,

Hunt

• 2. Re: No audio using WinDV
            Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

When you place these clips on your timeline, does the audio track show an audio waveform?

If so, you are capturing the audio. You just need to configure Premiere Elements to match your computer's audio set-up.

If the audio track has not waveform on it, then it's your camcorder that needs to be configured.