2 Replies Latest reply on May 30, 2010 6:49 AM by gatorhawk1

Roto Path

gatorhawk1

I'm new to AE, but I'm trying to learn the workflow, so sorry if this is too basic.  I'm trying to use the path from a roto brush to make a new layer to obscure something in the foreground of the original shot.  I've created and frozen the roto brush on the original footage.  I've created a new gray obacure layer.  The Adobe help section say you can copy the roto path to the newlayer, but I can't find where it says the actual steps involved to make that happen.  I've read the relevant help sections and watched the videos, but I can't figure out how to do this.

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Roto Path
          Mylenium Most Valuable Participant

Hit UU to reveal all modified properties in the timeleine, select them, copy&paste. You are employing a rubbish workflow, though. simply pre-compose the rotobrushed layer to its own comp, then use that comp as a track matte for any other layers.

Mylenium

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Roto Path
            gatorhawk1 Level 1

Thanks for the response.  I'm totally new to AE and trying to learn via online tutorials and reading the Adobe help files, so it's a work in progress.  I'll try your suggested workflow.  Thanks.