My system set up is as follows
win7 64 bit
PrE8 + latest update
Graphics card ATI MOBILITY radeon 4570 UPDATED TO LATEST DRIVER
SONY HDR HC7 HDV 1080I MINI DV
SEAGATE FREEAGENT GO 500GB
JMCR SD/MMC SCSI DISK for READYBOOST
Downloaded and used sysinternal : process mon and pro exp all reveals normal activity on my system
Intermittent crashes while editing , moving clips around , additing effects, clip in clip , saving work and even closing PE8 it crashes.
PE8/Adobe has sent a gezillion crash files to adobe HQ.
Last two projects : (a) 15 minutes and (b) <1minute
I am yet to complete a movie.
I receive low resource messages
Promon by sysinternals has clocked my memory at 6gb when running PrE8 my cpu usage is low and stable no more than 5 - 10%
Commit history has run in the high 90% or 16000000 at that point PrE8 collapsed
I have had project open and let it run to see if it could self destruct - nope! Only time it crashes is when I edit/move clips/close/add effects
what have I done so far without improvement
- uninstalled Pr8 and reinstalled and updated to 8.01
- replaced ram this week , took my BSOD away
- ran numerous scandisks and disc defrags on both internal and external HD
- Increase virtual memory/page file + set to no page file + set it to auto manage page file : no improvement
- started new projects
- uninstalled programs which i deemed to be unecessary for my day to day use.
- quicktime 9 updated
- exclusively use Elements to capture footage from NIKON and SONY
- taken AVG off my system
- update ATI MOB RADEON DRIVER
This becoming hugely frustrating as I seem to be out of options. I am about to take my notebook and hit the supplier with it as they have guaranteed me stable hardware.
Ideas or suggestions
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 64bit Unicode
AGP Status: Enabled