0 Replies Latest reply on Aug 15, 2007 3:41 PM by dave.r.

Client-activated objects with Flourine?

dave.r.
      Hi,

My team and I are relatively new to Flex, and have been experimenting with various scenarios and architectures. I am familiar with patterns for .NET remoting where the remote objects are server activated or client activated, and we are trying to see how this maps to clients developed with Flex (still using .NET on the backend).

We have experimented with WebOrb 3.0 but are currently using Fluorine. We found that if we have a remote object and use it as explained in the tutorials, it behaves like a single call server-activated object. No state is preserved, and each call returns the same default values of the fields we are testing. If we redefine the server side class as static, it then behaves as a singleton server-activated object -- the state is preserved, but is shared across all clients. This gets us halfway to where we want to be. What we are looking for is a way to have the state preserved per client, like the client-activated objects we are used to with .NET remoting.

I hope I've explained our dilemma sufficiently. I look forward to and would greatly appreciate any thoughts or pointers, as I have been unable to find an answer so far.

Thanks,
      Dave