Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

syntax error??

Explorer ,
Oct 12, 2006 Oct 12, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

I am sure one of you have had to run in to this before.

I have a table which records contacts with clients...I currently have id's of users who recorded the contact, of course i need names. I am getting the following error..

Error Executing Database Query.
[Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver][SQLServer]Cannot create a row of size 8141 which is greater than the allowable maximum of 8060.

Thanks for your help...
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Oct 12, 2006 Oct 12, 2006
Does this work any better?

Set UserName='#getnames.firstname#'+' '+'#getnames.lastname#'

Also, the maximum Bytes per row for SQL Server is 8060, so if the total number of bytes in all of the columns exceeds this value, you will get the error (excludes columns of text and image, etc.)

Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this work any better?

Set UserName='#getnames.firstname#'+' '+'#getnames.lastname#'

Also, the maximum Bytes per row for SQL Server is 8060, so if the total number of bytes in all of the columns exceeds this value, you will get the error (excludes columns of text and image, etc.)

Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Ah.....thanks Phil...

The set issue will believe that the variables are numbers and throw an error, that one i already tried....but the juicy bit of info ont he max row will make me not allow users to be deleted but wil become inactive...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation