19 Replies Latest reply on Nov 1, 2010 7:19 PM by Tim4211

Widget Browser not working

MovieInfos Level 1

Hello Community,

I'm desperate. I downloaded the Adobe Widget Browser today, but it isn't working. I have already tried to uninstall and install again, but it still does't work. I can log in but when I'm trying to download a widget the message is:

There was an error downloading this widget

Error #2032

Does anybody knows what this error means?

Regards,

MC

• 1. Re: Widget Browser not working
          Richard_vav Level 3

Hi MC,

Can I point you to the Dreamweaver Widget Browser forum where it seems someone else has also experienced this error

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/645861?tstart=0

Richard

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Widget Browser not working
            hans-g. Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Hi MC,

only to see clear, "you can log in" means you made all these steps:

DWWidgetBro01.jpg

and:

DWWidgetBro02.jpg

DWWidgetBro04.jpg

and your problems start here?

DWWidgetBro03.jpg

Hans-G.

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Widget Browser not working
              MovieInfos Level 1

That is right. I can log in but if I want to download a widget, the error message appears.

• 4. Re: Widget Browser not working

Hi Milan,

ecuse me that I persist. Couldn't it be that you have overlooked this part:

DWWidgetBro04.jpg

You must (strangely) confirm your log-in here (little arrows) multiple times. Only after that the pictures-screen appears clearly to download and add the widgets.

Hans-G.

P.S.

I ask again, because I first confirmed only once and could not do a download. After my second confirmation it worked.

• 5. Re: Widget Browser not working
                  MovieInfos Level 1

It's very strange, I didn't do anything different then the last times, but suddendly Widget Browser ist working! I don't know if Adobe has fixed the problem, but I downloaded already all widgets I need.

But thank you very much Hans for your time and support!

Regards,

Milan

• 6. Re: Widget Browser not working

Hi Milan,

yes, it's a really strange thing, but I am glad that it finally worked out really well.All the best to you!

Hans-G.

• 7. Re: Widget Browser not working
                      MovieInfos Level 1

I send you a private message, if you please could take a look. =)

• 8. Re: Widget Browser not working

Hi Milan,

I answer here, I think your question is of general interest.

The button "Add to My Widgets"  which integrates the widget in the DW, is hidden a little bit.

DWWidgetBro06.jpg

Did you ever look to the bottom of the widget window, after clickihng one of them? After clicking your wigdet can be found by "Insert" --> "widget" in DW.

But there is another idea: My DW CS3 doesn't have this function. CS4 I deleted from my harddisk, so I cant say something about. I now work with CS5 and here all works great.

Hans-G.

• 9. Re: Widget Browser not working
                          scott_richards

>> But there is another idea: My DW CS3 doesn't have this function. CS4 I  deleted from my harddisk, so I cant say something about. I now work with  CS5 and here all works great.

You need CS5 to be able to use the Insert Widget functionality in Dreamweaver so when you click Add to My Widgets the widgets will only show up in CS5.  You can use the "Save Widget Files.." button in the "My Widgets" screen to save the css, js and an html page that you can then use with any version of Dreamweaver or any editor.

-Scott Richards

• 10. Re: Widget Browser not working
                            scott_richards Level 1

One other user has reported this issue and then it stopped reproducing for him.  We are trying to get a reproducible case so that we can debug it.

Can you make sure that you are able to Sign In by clicking on the "Sign In" button before you click on Widgets in the Adobe Exchange view.

Also can you try clicking the "Clear Cache" button in the "Options" dialog just click Options from the main view. Then go back to Adobe Exchange and click on a Widget to download it.

• Are you on Mac or Win?
                            • Which version of the OS are you running on?
                            • Can you check out which version of the AIR runtime you are on?

Here is how you check the version of AIR installed. You can follow these steps:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/407/kb407625.html

Or just install this little air app:

http://forums.adobe.com/servlet/JiveServlet/download/2175570-16941/CheckAIR.app.zip.zip

-Scott Richards

Dreamweaver Team

• 11. Re: Widget Browser not working
                              MovieInfos Level 1

Mr. Richardson,

I use Windows 7 and my version of Air is 1.5.3.930.

Widget Browser is now working, I managed to download seven widgets. But strangely Dreamweaver is not reacting when I want to insert a widget.

Widget.JPG

As you can see, I have the widgets installed and I added them, but Dreamweaver does not react at all when I want to insert one of then.

Regards,

Milan

• 12. Re: Widget Browser not working
                                scott_richards Level 1

I am glad you are now able to download widgets from the Adobe Exchange.  It seems like a few people are having an intermittent #2032 error when they click to download a Widget in the Adobe Exchange view.  We are trying to find a reproducible case, so your help is appreciated in trying to figure out under exactly what scenario this problem happens.

Are you using Dreamweaver CS5?  You need CS5 if you want to use the new Insert, "Widget..." menu item since this is only available in CS5.  If you have an older version of Dreamweaver use the "Save Widget Files" button from the "My Widgets" view to save an .html file and all the .css and .js files for a widget and then you can open and edit the page in Dreamweaver or any other editor.

If you have CS5 and the Insert, "Widget.." menu item is not working after you added widgets to "My Widgets" can you please provide more info and a screen shot of what happens when you select this menu item.

-Scott Richards

Dreamweaver Team

• 13. Re: Widget Browser not working
                                  MovieInfos Level 1

Yes, I have DW CS5. The problem is that nothing happens.

DW1.JPG

A opened a new HTML-document. I tried to insert a widget over the right panel and via the "Insert"-Menu at the top.

DW2.JPG

But the program just don't respond. It's not that the program is crashing, but nothing is happening. Well, I downloaded the widget files with the Widget Browser and copyed the code, but it is really strange that DW isn't having troubles now with the widgets.

• 14. Re: Widget Browser not working
                                    TK. Flatstone

If this issue is still affecting you, can you please do the followings?

1. To see if the issue you are seeing is specific to insert Widgets, please see if other Insert menu or Insert panel items are working as expected.

2. If you see the issue only with Insert > Widgets, please send zip of the following directory on your machine.

Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\WidgetBrowser\

Please send it to me vai e-mail (thiraish@adobe.com).

Thank you,

- Takeshi

• 15. Re: Widget Browser not working
                                      MovieInfos Level 1

I found a other way: I'm downloading the files and inserting the code now from the Widget Browser directly into Dreamweaver. But the "Widget"-function is still not working in DW. I tried to insert other objects, only the Widgets are not working.

Where is that .zip-file located? I could not find it in the Dreamweaver folder.

• 16. Re: Widget Browser not working
                                        Scott DRichards

MilanCut

Sorry you are having problems with WidgetBrowser.  We think that the xml file Widgets.xml that lists all of the widgets that you added to "My Widgets" may be corrupted.  Can you can rename the Widgets folder here is where it lives on my Vista machine

C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\WidgetBrowser\Widgets

You should quit Widget Browser before hand and then you will need to add back the Widgets to "My Widgets" from Adobe Exchange. But hopefully that will fix the problem. 

Let us know if that works.

-Scott Richards

Dreamweaver Team

• 17. Re: Widget Browser not working
                                          TK. Flatstone Level 1

Sorry that you are experiencing the problem.

We've never seen the issue you are reporting, so we are thinking it might me caused by some unexpected conditions in your

Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\WidgetBrowser\ directory.

We'd like to investigate what is causing the issue you are seeing, so please zip up the directory and send it to me (thiraish@adobe.com).

Please change the file extension of the zip, so that it won't be blocked by the mail server.

Thank you,

- Takeshi Hiraishi

Dreamweaver Team

• 18. Re: Widget Browser not working
                                            MovieInfos Level 1

I have send you the Widgets.xml-file.

• 19. Re: Widget Browser not working
                                              Tim4211

Hello,

I downloaded the Adobe  Widget Browser today and it is not working. I found my way to this discussion while trying to figure out what is going wrong. I can log in but  when I'm trying to download a widget the message is:

There was an error downloading this widget.

Error #2032

I am using Dreamweaver on Windows XP Pro. From reading the posts above, I can't figure out what to do to fix this, it seems like the poster who originally wrote about this problem had it fixed mysteriously. Is there a procedure that can be used to solve this problem??

Many thanks!